PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on the 'Last Tour of Endor' at DHS on 8/14

mrmcgiv
07-15-2010, 11:27 PM
We will be at disney over that date and my Son loves Star Wars, however I will not be spending $75pp on tickets.

I thought that 8/14 was truly the final day for Star tours to be open, but I see now it officially closes on 9/8. We planned to go on 8/14 b/c we wanted to have a last chance to ride star tours. BUt since it is open we can go another day.

Are there any other special things going on throughout the day or do the special events just start at night for the people w/ special tickets? Entry with event tickets starts at 4 and the park hours are 9-7.

I am thinking if we are not attending the event it would be best to stay away from DHS if there are no events throughtut the day?

mrmcgiv
07-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Also...they still have the Summertastic Dance party by the Sorcerer's hat at 9:00 Pm that night. Can I assume that non ticketed disney guests can stay for that?

KylesMom
07-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Remember that this "Last Tour To Endor" coincides with the legendary Star Wars Celebration convention August 12-15 at the Orlando Convention Center. While they may have a few extra characters in the parade and such, I wouldn't expect that the whole day would be decorated with Star Wars characters around the parks like you'd see during Star Wars Weekends.

I would guess that the park will close to regular guests at 7pm. If they do have a Summertastic Dance Party, it will be during the closed, ticketed event - perhaps with all of the Star Wars characters. They're advertising it as "multiple party zones" and such, with an incredible Star Wars fireworks display.

While the party is from 8 pm to 2? am or thereabouts, it looks like they'll start letting partygoers enter around 4. So yes, I'd either plan to leave the park early or steer clear for the day. If you want more information, just do an internet search on Star Wars Celebration 2010. The Disney party is quite prominent in the Celebration plans.