PDA

View Full Version : Internet at Pop Century?

ASweetLov
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
If I were to bring my laptop with me to Pop Century would I be able to get the internet? If so, how much would it cost?

T-Belle
07-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes you can but it will cost, I believe about $10.00 for a 24 hour period.

Strmchsr
07-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Yep. $9.95/24 hours. And it's wired, not wireless. However, there is a cable in the room so you don't have to worry about bringing one. You just have to sit at the room table to use it (i.e. you can't lay on your bed and be connected to the internet).

doombuggygal
07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
This is one of the things that really irks me about staying on site. Disney really needs to get with the program and start providing WiFi with no additional charge like everywhere else! Sorry, just needed to vent that.

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 07:07 AM
If they charge, people will pay...

If Disney stops charging, you will see the cost of accomodations go up $10 a night. I can guarantee that one...

Tekneek
07-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Room rates are going to go up anyway.

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Room rates are going to go up anyway.
Absolutely correct, but they won't include Internet until they have to. Much the same way MYW tickets were a price increase, cleverly disguised as a change to the ticket structure.

Rekenna
07-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Yes, it's $9.95 per night. I agree that it should really just be standard in all rooms. I do understand that Disney will raise the rooms rates, but when they do this should just be included. We are a "plugged in" world now. Also, I would really like to post trip reports or look things up online about Disney while at Disney.

Also, for all the iPhone users, it should be in the parks as well.

I am an old-fashioned person, I actually HATE cell phones, while they are super convenient I think talking constantly on the phone or texting constantly is the bane of our existence.

But, Disney needs to get with the times-if I can be wireless in my very rural home I think I should be able to be wireless in Orlando.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Even if they charge the $9.95 make it wireless!

DizneyRox
07-18-2010, 12:49 PM
But, Disney needs to get with the times-if I can be wireless in my very rural home I think I should be able to be wireless in Orlando.
You are paying for your wireless connection at home, correct?

Bandwidth is not free, contrary to what many people think. With some probably 1/2 million people at WDW on a busy day, you can imagine the infrastructure necessary to keep all those people "plugged in".

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to pay for that. I'm paying for it in my DVC dues, and it is pretty nice to be able to just log on when I feel like it.

Even if they charge the $9.94 make it wireless!
That I agree with. The infrastructure seems to be there for wireless through much of the property (maybe not the resorts).

SandmanGStefani24
07-18-2010, 01:53 PM
That I agree with. The infrastructure seems to be there for wireless through much of the property (maybe not the resorts).

No kidding, with Pop's thin walls signal should be a breeze! :D

Anyway on a serious note, we used it last trip, and had a tech issue. We noticed on the home page before signing up it stated the wrong room # on the home page. I was worried we would pay for it and not get the service. Lo and behold, we did not. We called front desk, who had to xfer us to tech support. Tech support was on property and local! :number1: The rep quickly fixed the issue and was very courteous. I figure my $10 goes to pay for people like our tech rep so I guess it's ok. I wouldn't mind paying for it again if I had to.

Still...motel 6 offers WiFi @$2.99 per 24 hrs. I'm just saying...

Tekneek
07-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Still...motel 6 offers WiFi @$2.99 per 24 hrs. I'm just saying...

But that isn't the Disney Internet Experience over there!

:balloon:

SandmanGStefani24
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
But that isn't the Disney Internet Experience over there!

:balloon:

LOL, very true!