PDA

View Full Version : early am bus to early adr's?

Rosemickey68
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I have read somewhere on here that the resorts have a bus that runs early for those early am adr's.
Is it just for the character breakfast at the parks or can it be for somewhere like Kona, etc??

Do you need to let the front desk know ahead of time, as I heard they have a list of those in the resort that have early adr's??

What would the bus say? Character breakfast?
so I would assume we just tell the driver where we are needing to go?

We have ADRs for Crystal Palace, Donald's Safari at Tusker House, Ohana, and Kona and need to get to each by 7:45am or 8am and don't want to take a taxi as we don't want to spend the extra $$.

gerald72
07-15-2010, 05:35 PM
There won't be a bus going to a specific restaurant. For crystal palace, you would need to take the magic kingdom bus. For donalds, you would need to take the animal kingdom bus.
For restaurants at other resorts, you'll need to transfer somewhere else like any other time if the day, as buses don't travel resort to resort.
Give yourself plenty of time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-15-2010, 09:10 PM
The busses start early enough for you to get to your ADR's. They aren't labelled anything special, just as the park it is going to.

For Kona, you'll have to take a bus to the MK, and then the monorail around to the Poly.

beksy
07-15-2010, 09:43 PM
We've done this several times without any problems. Just allow yourself extra time (like always!) and ask if you aren't sure. Like pp said, just take the bus closest to your destination and then transfer if necessary. One tip a CM gave me the first time we did it was if we were the only ones on the bus to let the driver know exactly where we were headed. We were going to Chef Mickey's from CBR and were the only ones on that bus (it was to the MK). The driver was kind enough to swing by the CR to let us out so we didn't have to transfer. Don't expect it to happen and don't feel bad if it doesn't but if you are the only ones on, it wouldn't hurt to just mention it. Most drivers like to make conversation anyway.

DizneyRox
07-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Take the buses to the park closest to where you need to go. THe only problem you may have is the YC/BC/Boardwalk areas (Cape May in particular).

You best bet would be to head to MGM and walk to BC in that case, however, it may still be a challenge for an early breakfast. I wouldn't book before about 8:30 there and you'll need to be at the bus stop at 7am to make sure you get there early enough. I'd just take a cab.