PDA

View Full Version : Daring to leave Walt Disney World

MaxPower
07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
A friend of mine will be staying at Walt Disney World for a full week and asked me what is the best and chepaest way to go to Universal for one day.

She will be staying an All Star Resort with no car.

Is taking a cab her only option?

Does anyone know how much cab fare round-trip would be?

LandFan
07-14-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't know about cab fare but I thought there was a bus that left from the Transportation and Ticket Center...??? I'm sure someone else can provide more info on that...

Tinker Fan
07-14-2010, 06:49 PM
There is a Lynx bus that leaves from the transportation station and also from downtown disney. It only costs a couple bucks (much cheaper than a cab). You can go onto the website and find out some information on the routes you may need to get there. Hope this helps.

Tink1
07-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Universal Orlando provides Free transportation (via Mears) from Disney area zone 4 hotels to Universal Orlando when the customer purchases a One Day - Park to Park admission ticket.

Adult price is $109
child price is $99

Nanc

Canuck Park Hopper
07-17-2010, 02:48 PM
I had a look at both the Mears website and the Lynx. Neither offered direct information between WDW and Universal. This is what I could piece together:

Lynx - which is the Orlando area transit - offers "300" series routes that travel to/from Downtown Disney and other WD park areas to various points in or near Orlando. These routes are semi- or fully express in nature (i.e. no stops on I-4 or other controlled access roads) but could not find any that go directly to Universal itself - so a transfer is likely required. I tried the online Trip Planner, but it suggested that the trip could not be accommodated and to contact an operator...

Mears - had no information regarding regular routes offered between the parks and appeared to be "hire" only. They have motor-coach and shuttle type vehicles. I believe if you were to call and arrange for pickup at your resort, they will work you in. Otherwise, price and level of service appear to be similar to cab ride (in fact they appear to have a fleet of cabs and estimate the cost of the 14 mile trip at $32).

jdpip
07-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I just spoke with Mears and they will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Universal. The cost is $18 per person, round trip. They also pick up other hotels so it isn't a direct shot.