PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

mamapoppins
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
PLEASE HELP!! Tell me ALL about your experiences with Wilderness Lodge. Pros..Cons..etc. We r 2 grandparents (60yrs) that r taking our 10 yr grand-daughter--and r looking for something easily accessible to all parks.

mjesq
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Loved loved loved it! Take the boat instead of the bus every day =)

goofy-4-disney
07-14-2010, 12:53 PM
The Wildnerness Lodge is one of my favorite resorts at WDW. The entire resort is themed beautifully. The boat rides to MK are a great way to get back and forth. Taking the boat to the MK also means you can hop on the monorail and take that to the TTC and on to Epcot. The only parks that you'd need bus transportation for are DS and AK. The dining options here are pretty good too. Pool is great, views of the woods and lake are also pros. I really don't have anything negative to say about it. Have a great trip!

BigThunderFan
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
The only possible negative I can think of is that I can't afford to stay here every trip! It was simply amazing and my kids both loved it too.

The boat is a great way to travel to MK and you should sit out front if you can. You will love the lodge and everything that goes with it.

retiredfigment
07-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree with everyone, especially Big Thunder Fun. Wilderness is my absolute FAVORITE!!

vicster
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Go for it - you won't be disappointed.

garymacd
07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
This is our favourite Deluxe - well almost the only deluxe we have stayed at or can afford. It is slightly cheaper than the other deluxe resorts, so that is a plus.

I agree with what everyone said. I also love the geyser that goes off more readily that Old Faithful. I do remember travelling to Yellowstone Park with my family many years ago now and seeing Old Faithful for the first time and thinking, "We came all the way here for this?" The geyser at WL is much smaller, but so unexpected that it just seems to be great.

Love the rooms (Queen Beds, minimum), love the views, love the lobby, love the boat ride to MK...everything!

No beignets, though, so that is a bit of a downer.

KylesMom
07-14-2010, 03:24 PM
We fell in love with this resort five years ago, and haven't stayed anywhere else. There are activities in the pool area, and DS (now 12) always finds other kids to play with. DS and I enjoy the ambiance, convenience & magic that surrounds each trip to WL. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-14-2010, 04:09 PM
This is the place I have always wanted to stay at. And we get to for 9 days in December. I cannot wait. Everything about looks amazing.

Jillirose
07-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Wilderness is beautiful and a quick commute to the MK and transportation around WDW. Also, we love the quick service restaurant and the Whispering Canyon Cafe :mickey:

big blue and hairy
07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Yup, like they all said, the WIlderness Lodge is terrific!

:sulley:

TikiLounger
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I, too, can think on no cons. I love the WL. The theming, location, atmosphere, etc. It's a wonderful place to stay.

AllDisney
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
We like Wilderness Lodge as well. You'll have a great time:number1:

BellesRose
07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
The only negative is that it's too pricey for a long stay (For me!) but it is the most incredible resort, your family will love it!

tmosier
07-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Cons: The laundry room is $$, small, and one run through the dryer isn't enough to get your clothes dry.

Pros:
The hotel is gorgeous and peaceful.
Roaring Fork
The boat to MK!
The pool
The rooms are a nice size

DisneyDINK
07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Great choice!

The only real drawback is it has fewer rooms than the other Deluxe Resorts, so specials and room types can sell out sometimes; it might be full when other resorts have empty rooms. Artist Point restaurant OK, but I prefer other dining options.

Boat to MK is a big plus. Rooms are nice. Whispering Canyon Cafe very convenient.

kemps@wdw
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I can't really give you any cons on the WL. Stunning architecture, I could sit all day in that lobby, soothing atmosphere, game room, gift shop w/groceries, bubbling spring running down to a magnificent waterfall, emptying into a free-form rock swimming "hole" complete w/tunnel rock slide, and meandering down to the geyser (yep, that's right), great beach, where you can watch the water parade @ night, marina to rent the mouse racer boats, water transportation to MK and the CR, and bus transportaion everywhere else. And if you're an early riser, like me, my AM quiet coffee spot is on the boat dock @ sunrise...:cloud9: And check out the Iron Spike Room @ the WL villas.

LudwigVonDrake
07-25-2010, 07:35 PM
I just came back from 10 days at WL and LOVED IT!! I can't say anything negative. It was wonderful. As a previous poster wrote, take the boat to the MK instead of the bus. You'll love it!! :mickey:

goofy89
07-25-2010, 07:41 PM
WL is one of my absolute favorite resorts! It is gorgeous and I cannot think of anything negative to say about it! You will love it!

mickeefan
07-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the boat to MK and ECV's?

Brian
07-26-2010, 09:24 AM
The Wilderness Lodge is our favorite resort. The only con for me is that the main pool can get very crowded. Also, we're not big fans of the restaurants. They're good, but not really our style. We really love the lounge, though. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with the Wilderness Lodge.

Some of the pros:

Excellent theming. If it wasn't for the heat, you might not even think you're in Florida.

Boat access to the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness.

The Wilderness Lodge has it's own marina, so you can rent boats for use around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon.

You can see the water parade at night from the beach and boat docks.

The layout is fairly condensed, so even the farthest room from the lobby isn't too long of a walk.

Along with the Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's the lowest priced of Disney's Deluxe resorts.

The rooms are a decent size. In our experiences, they've also been clean and well maintained.

BigThunderFan
07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the boat to MK and ECV's?

I have no personal experience using the ECV and the boat, but we were onboard a couple times when they loaded on an ECV. The process looked very quick and much easier than using the bus. The only problem I could see would be that not all of the boats are equipped for loading/unloading ECV's. However, out of all the times we rode the boat (at least 6) only once were we on the smaller boat.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup: