PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem

Altair
07-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Every year at baseball All-Star game time, I think about this, but can never find it. It finally showed up.
After the players lined up on the baselines they announced that Meatloaf would sing the National Anthem. You could see some of the players start to cut-up, everyone thought "this is going to be a joke".

If the link gets deleted, just do a youtube search for "Meatloaf sings national anthem"

tmosier
07-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks for posting the link! It's another reminder for us not to judge a book by its cover!

jrkcr
07-14-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm not surprised-Meat Loaf is awesome!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the video!

RedSoxFan
07-14-2010, 07:40 AM
It was awesome. I love Meatloaf!!

Ms. Mode
07-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Wow! He did a great job! :mickey:

jmj18
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
That was AWESOME!

:mickey:

diz_girl
07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen the video yet, but I'm not surprised. How did they think he was going to do? He can carry a tune and has a powerful voice. I think that he was on broadway in the original production of Hair, so I wouldn't expect a bad performance, unless age would start to affect his voice like it has Steven Stills.

Ian
07-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Meatloaf has an awesome voice. Very powerful. I'd expect him to rock the anthem and I'm actually kind of surprised anyone would think otherwise.

My guess, though, is that most of these guys are so young they don't really know who Meatloaf is!

gueli
07-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Meatloaf has an awesome voice. Very powerful. I'd expect him to rock the anthem and I'm actually kind of surprised anyone would think otherwise.

My guess, though, is that most of these guys are so young they don't really know who Meatloaf is!

:thumbsup:

no surprise here
:beer:

SandmanGStefani24
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
that reminded me of when Steven Tyler was about to sing the Anthem for the Boston Red Sox world series game. It ended up being one of the better ones I've heard. it's harder to find but it was awesome...

PirateLover
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
I remember the Steven Tyler one! It started a bit shaky but once he got to "And the rockets red glare" he hit it outta the park so to speak! Off to youtube...

Pagan
08-04-2010, 11:26 AM
People tend to forget that rock and roll singers have pretty powerful voices. I don't know why anyone would have thought Meat wouldn't knock that one out of the park. He's amazing.

Search youtube for "Geoff Tate National Anthem" to hear the singer from Queensryche (and one of the best singer around, period) sing the song at a Seattle Seahawks game.