PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express or not?

Minniemo
07-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I have never used Magical Express; I've always used Happy Limo to get to my resort. What do you all suggest: ME or go with my own transport? :confused: I will be travelling with my kids, 18, 15, 11 and my daughter's friend, 16. We arrive at MCO at 10:30 am, staying at ASMu and our flight back home is at 7:15 pm.

faline
07-13-2010, 10:24 AM
It's all a matter of personal preference and affordability. Magical Express is free but transportation to your resort can take longer than going with a limo. Magical Epress will transport your bags for you so no stop at the luggage counter while a limo company will assist you with baggage. Magical Express is shared with a large number of people and may involve stops at several resorts while a limo company is just for your party and goes directly to your resort.

By the way, if you go with a car service, I'd suggest giving Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) a try. Using them helps support this site and they do provide wonderful service!

Minniemo
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
By the way, if you go with a car service, I'd suggest giving Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) a try. Using them helps support this site and they do provide wonderful service![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will look into this service and compare. Happy Limo used to be a sponsor of Intercot (that's why I used them). Not sure if they are anymore.....

disneymom15
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
We always look to save as much money as possible. So, for us, it's DME everytime. The amount it costs to hire a car service can pay for serveral meals.

DizneyRox
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
If the last time you used Happy Limo was 2007, you may want to reconsider.

We always use a limo service, we have found them more suitable than Magical Express. We switched from Happy Limo due to service declines.

As mentioned, they will assist with you bags at MCO, and you may still be able to use airline checkin at the resort when you return.

disneymom2000
07-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I love Magical Express because of the convenience. I don't have to deal with my luggage once I get it to the airport and then when I get home. I also like to watch the video the bus plays on my way to the resort. It gets me to start relaxing for my vacation. It also gives me a chance to look at some of the other resorts I normally wouldn't get a chance to see.

deedeebee
07-13-2010, 12:14 PM
We always use ME :thumbsup: We can start our vacation as soon as we hit MCO!! Never had a problem with wait times or any other issues.

Disney4us2
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
For us DME works the best. I check my luggage and it magically appears in my room:thumbsup: For me personally, I just can't justify spending extra money when this service is here for my convenience and is free. The last time we took it we were the only ones on the bus to ASMO. We arrive very early and not too much of a crowd at 6:30am. It is a matter of personal preference. DME may not be for everyone, but it is for us.

Have a fun trip:mickey:

vicster
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
We always use Magical Express - it's free and the buses are nice.

Michelle15
07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
We have been using ME since '05 (i think?) I love watching the preshow on the way to our hotel and the CM who drive the bus are very nice and attentative. HaVE a Fun and Safe trip.:mickey:

PopPhan
07-13-2010, 01:32 PM
We've used DME since its inception. It is nice to 1) not have to be concerned over baggage; 2) have a nice comfy ride to the resort - I am up the morning of our arrival at 3 to get us to the airport on time and the tall seats on the bus allow me more comfort; 3) enjoy the welcome video on the ride. It just screams Disney to me.

AND, being included in your travel package at no cost is a major bonus.

Pirate Granny
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Magic Express all the time...we will be lost in September as we end our trip at Universal and need to get transportation back to the airport...any suggestions...Mears Taxi is only $30.
:pirate:

#1donaldfan
07-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I vote for ME.....it was too easy !!!!:mickey:

cer
07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
We have always been pleased with ME. :thumbsup:

Checkers
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
:mickey:ME for us as well. Wonderful having your bags magically appear in your room and then the RAC for return flight is icing on the cake!

Dedivah
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Another vote for DME!! :number1:

Lakin
07-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Another vote for DME. :]

LynBug
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I enjoy using DME! :thumbsup: It's convenient, and your Disney vacation starts as soon as you get on! :mickey:

tmosier
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Magical Express! Not only do you not have to touch a suitcase until you get to your room, but the best part is your vacation starts the moment you reach the ME line :)

Seasonscraps
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
I prefer to rent a car or take a car service from the airport. We like to make a grocery stop at on the way to the resort.

DisneyBunch5
07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
We've used DME and Garden Grocer for our groceries. It's very convenient to order ahead of time and have them waiting when we check in.

Minniemo
07-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Done deal...thanks for your input. :thumbsup: You've all helped make the decision to use DME much easier. I made the ressies through Magical Journeys :number1: (the only travel agency I use when I make my Disney Plans). Looking forward to my trip and officially counting down! :cloud9:

Minniemo
07-16-2010, 04:54 PM
We've used DME and Garden Grocer for our groceries. It's very convenient to order ahead of time and have them waiting when we check in.

Not familiar with Garden Grocer...can you tell me more?

LandFan
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Not familiar with Garden Grocer...can you tell me more?

You can order your groceries online and they deliver them to your resort the day you arrive for a small delivery fee (like $12 or something). I've heard they are very good. The resorts will hold your food until you arrive - if you have any perishables in your order, they will put them in their fridge until you pick them up.

I've looked into it before but never used it yet myself - but we might this November...

DisneyBunch5
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
With Garden Grocer, you select the items that you want in your shopping cart online. Then when you checkout, you select a delivery date & time slot (2 hours blocks). You can schedule the delivery so that the groceries are waiting for you when you check in. The hotel will keep perishables refrigerated.

We've used them a number of times to order breakfast foods and snacks. We've been very happy with their service and selection.

If you need to add anything to the order piro to delivery, just send them an email and they'll adjust it accordingly.