PDA

View Full Version : FTBBQ VS. Yak n Yeti CS

Disney4us2
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Which would you choose... Flame Tree BBQ or Yak n Yeti? I know they are both very different types foods. I love FTBBQ. Haven't tried Yak n Yeti yet.

SBETigg
07-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I love Flame Tree Barbecue. I wasn't as impressed with Yak and Yeti. But it's not bad if you were looking for a change.

WishingStar2006
07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Yak & Yeti table service is one of our favorites...not overly impressed with the CS...kinda "Panda Express-ish". WE love FTBBQ for a CS at Animal Kingdom!!!

Pigtunia
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Yak & Yeti: dining in a bee-free environment. :thumbsup:

Also, the ribs are just as good as those at Flame Tree!

PopPhan
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Liked them both, but sitting in the Flame Tree pavilions looking out over the lake at EE makes it #1 in my book!

SBETigg
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Yak & Yeti: dining in a bee-free environment. :thumbsup:

Also, the ribs are just as good as those at Flame Tree!

The bees were all over us last time we were there. I wouldn't say it's bee free. We had to change tables.

Pigtunia
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
The bees were all over us last time we were there. I wouldn't say it's bee free. We had to change tables.

Inside Yak & Yeti? :confused:

LandFan
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Inside Yak & Yeti? :confused:

If you notice in the thread's title they are referring to Yak & Yeti's CS specifically, not the indoor TS area...

Personally, DH & I prefer FlameTree over Yak & Yeti CS hands-down! I LOVE their ribs!!

badkitty
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
If you are comparing the Y&Y CS to Flametree, then I pick Flametree hands down. Love the ribs and sitting by the river watching the trains on Everest. Really cool!

I didn't really like the CS for Y&Y. Now, the Y&Y TS, I liked!

Pigtunia
07-14-2010, 04:04 PM
If you notice in the thread's title they are referring to Yak & Yeti's CS specifically, not the indoor TS area...

Personally, DH & I prefer FlameTree over Yak & Yeti CS hands-down! I LOVE their ribs!!

ahhhh. :oops: I missed those two significant initials. I also forgot that Y & Y even had a CS option.

SurferStitch
07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
We prefer the Yak & Yeti CS. We've always gotten very good food there. Especially love the Shrimp Lo Mein and Crispy Honey Chicken. Very good.

We're not big fans of ribs, plus I hate the mess. Their pork and chicken sandwiches are good at FTBBQ, but I also don't eat a lot of sandwiches, either. I always get gunk stuck in my teeth, and it messes up my lip gloss something fierce. :blush:

KylesMom
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
Visiting in the extreme summertime, we haven't picked either. It's just too hot in June/July to sit outside at these CS options for us while trying to eat a hot meal. Lunch is our "cool down" time at AK, and we can't get relief at either of these places.

Not that Flametree's aromas don't make our mouths water, but we know that we need to duck and cover, so to speak, so we can last a few more hours at AK after lunch.

While we enjoyed Yak & Yeti TS, even with our A/P discount our lunch was $85 - and we certainly didn't pick the most expensive meals on the menu. We can have a nice lunch at Pizzafari for $35 with our TiW discount . . . and cool down enough to enjoy a few more hours at AK.