PDA

View Full Version : Was thinking CS or CBR, but now Fort WIlderness?

Martino
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi, everyone - Need some help again!

For our next vacation we were thinking of CS or CBR as a change to our normal resort POFQ. Still not sure if we're doing the right thing, but we just fancy trying somewhere different.

However, a tour operator here in the UK, is now offering a cabin at Fort Wilderness for 2 weeks at a better price than CS or CBR. What should we do? Both offer free dining for the time we intend to visit.

Any opinions would help. We are family of 4 - me and DW 43 DD 20 and DS 18. Have looked here on Intercot at the resort and it looks kind of nice, could anyone offer any advice please on which to choose? :confused:

I just thought that sleeping arrangements may be better at the cabin, as I believe these have a pull down bed in the living area as well as bunk beds and queen in the bedroom.

What are Disney buses like from FW?

As always, I would be grateful for any guidance which would help in our decision.

Can't wait to see those mice again!!!!!!!!!!:D

buzz2001
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
I've stayed at FW and CSR and much prefer CSR. CSR has better buses than FW and they don't shared with another resort.

Kenny1113
07-13-2010, 05:37 AM
I have Never stayed at CBR, but I have stayed at both CSR and FW. I would definitely choose FW! While the bus thing throughout can get bothersome to some, you never wait more than 5 min fir an interior bus. There is a boat to MK. FW is IMHO a better time, lots to do there. :)

Plus you can do meals in your cabin!

HackLaSalle
07-13-2010, 02:05 PM
I love Fort Wilderness but with your kids at that age it may feel a little b it cramped. you would be sharing the bedroom with one of your kids and the other would be out in the living room on the Murphy bed.

As much as I love FW and will go to bat for it 99 times out of 100. This is that 1 time you may find yourself more comfortable at another resort.

KylesMom
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Just to clarify, the bed sizes in the bedrooms consist of a double and twin bunk beds, not a queen. The clearance at the top bunk to the ceiling isn't much - as a "grown-up", I don't think I'd be comfortable sleeping up there. There is a pull-down murphy bed in the living room, too. It would certainly be doable if one of your grown kids took the bottom bunk, one took the double bed & you & DW took the murphy bed in the living area off the kitchen. I guess if the price is right, it would do. However, I honestly think I'd chose CSR with two queens, especially since you're talking about utilizing the dining plan. You wouldn't really be using the cabin kitchen at that point, and dining places at Fort Wilderness are not only scarce, but not very convenient to get to. This was one area that we didn't do our homework, and we didn't like the fact that we couldn't walk down the sidewalk & grab a CS meal or snack.

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I would go for the Fort Wilderness so your kids don't have to share a bed. They'd have their own and if you guys take the living room, that would give them their own room.