PDA

View Full Version : deluxe hotels booked and mod and value not

happy day
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Anyone know why most deluxe hotels are booked for the weeks of july 20th on when the moderates and values are not?

DizneyRox
07-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Could be staffing... Staffing determines capacity of a hotel (it's not just the number of rooms) and they may assign more of their staff to the mods and values since more people stay/book there.

KylesMom
07-12-2010, 10:19 PM
My suspicion? Because the Deluxe resorts drop to Summer Value season that week, and the Values and Mods have not. We actually postponed our vacation for a week this year, waiting an extra week from normal to go to Disney in July (the first year of our A/Ps) since they dropped the price a week later than usual.

You could basically get a Deluxe room for the price of a moderate . . . thanks to Terrisue & MJ, we're doing just that. :mickey: Another big high-five to MJ! :mickey:

happy day
07-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Are the deluxe hotels more crowded the end of the summer? It appears to be no rooms available at the deluxe for the end of July, but plenty of rooms every where else?

faline
07-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Not that I'm aware of. They did offer some very nice discounts in bounceback and pin offers so that may have driven up reservations in this category. Have you tried working with Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)?

TammiMcMan
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
That's also value season for the deluxes, while others are at the slightly higher summer season rate. I imagine that the numerous specials offered and the timing of the seasons probably caused the deluxes to have an increase in reservations. The pools will probably be crowded, especially at mid-day, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm just going to merge this thread with your previous similar thread to keep all the replies in the same place.