PDA

View Full Version : Planning trip with co-worker, anyone done this?

Finiamh
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
I have been to DW at least 6 times usually with significant other or wife. In talking about it so much a male co-worker expressed interest, since he is a thrill ride junkie like me, and in no time we had a trip planned with just me and him. One room, seperate beds of course.

Has anyone gone with a co-worker like this before? Are there things you wish you woulda/ coulda handled different in planning or during the trip?

faline
07-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd suggest making an agreement that you are each free to go your separate ways in the parks if you find that one wants to do something the other doesn't. That way, you don't feel obligated to stick together.

Ms. Mode
07-12-2010, 02:11 PM
No way....I go on vacation to get away from my co-workers! :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
07-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I went on an 8 day trip with my co-worker, who also happens to be my best friend. We got along fine, but did talk about the fact we weren't required to spend every waking second with each other. When I go to WDW I go at a fast pace, get up early and stay until close. She liked to sleep in and was a little more easy going if we got to the park an hour after opening (where I was freaking out we didn't get fastpasses for Soarin' yet). Just talk about what each other's expectations are for the trip- will it be more of a vacation or fast paced touring plans. And try not to talk about work the whole time you're there, it will get boring and take away from the fact you're in WDW to get away from work!

Cinderelley
07-13-2010, 08:33 AM
I've gone several times with coworkers. We've had a blast each time. :thumbsup: As others have stated, make sure you guys understand that you won't necessarily have to stick together and set up a plan for how to get in touch with one anther when you need to.

Daisy712
07-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I have done this twice. We did make an agreement that we could go our seperate ways if we needed to and we couldn't discuss work. That is what we were getting away from. We had a great time and we laughed so hard.:thumbsup:

kaliepooh
07-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Both of our families visited the World together. My family wanted to move at a faster pace. Although we agreed before hand that we would go our separate ways if we needed to. My co-worker and her family was offended when we decided that we wanted to do Disney at a faster pace.

We have never done Disney with another family or friend again. We love Disney and we know how we like to tour the parks. We know the parks very well and we always have a strategy for touring.

Although we ended up going our separate ways, my family had a great time. I'm not so sure that my co-worker's family enjoyed their vacation as much.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Yep, I've gone on a few trips with a co-worker in the past. The best advice is what others have mentioned-don't feel like you have to spend 24/7 together.