PDA

View Full Version : Best of Saratoga Springs Resort

MCeee
07-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Calling all past Villas at SSR guests...

What did you like the best about the resort? :thumbsup:
What did you like the least? :down:

Booked for this November and excited, just looking for insider comments. Thx!

Julie_Mouse
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
We stayed in a 2BR villa at the beginning of May, and I was bit hesitant until we got there - I wasn't sure there would be enough 'Disney feeling', wasn't sure if the pools were themed enough - but we loved it!:mickey:

I think we enjoyed the pools (we were in Grandstand, and we also used the main pool - High Rock Springs?) and the fitness centre the most. This is a quieter resort (at least it was in May) and it has very well-tended pathways and gardens. The path to/from DTD was a nice bonus as well :thumbsup:

I guess if I had to choose something I liked the least, it would be the general spread-out-ness (:blush:) of the resort. This could be to your advantage though, depending on how you like to vacation! The resort is so large (it's on a golf course) that sometimes you feel like you are one of only a handful of people on the entire property - oftentimes we would go to the Grandstand pool at 3 in the afternoon and be the only ones there! :shrug:

Maleficent's Dad
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
MCeee, what accomodations are you staying in? (Size of villa)

SSR takes a beating online, yet there are those who love the place. I fall into the category of, "Well, it's not my favorite, but it's still a great place!"

Things that I've liked:
1. Golf right there (I'm one of those who actually goes to Disney & golfs)
2. Nice new accomodations
3. LOVED the Treehouse Villas. They were so fun...
4. Proximity to DTD
5. Quiet pools (as well as Grandstand Pool)
6. Was upgraded there once from 3 studios to 3 one-bedrooms
7. Views from rooms - of either golf or DTD depending on location
8. Removed from the chaos of the parks

Things I didn't love so much:
1. Exteriors of room (hallways) are lower class for Disney - while outdoors is okay, these are concrete walkways
2. Parking lots are immense and expansive (too much so and they take away from resort's beauty)
3. Main pool gets very very crowded (small main pool, HUGE resort)
4. It is so removed that travel time is a consideration...
5. Food options - while very good - are limited given the size of the resort

Overall, it is a very nice resort. It's not perfect by any means. I am an owner there (at least some of my points) with DVC, so I may be a bit biased, admittedly.

MCeee
07-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys!
We (3 couples) have currently booked a studio each... we requested any area except the Paddock (they're supposedly building a new pool there, so construction in that area, yuck). We're still considering whether or not to "Wait list" for BWV. One couple may already be wait-listed for it... not sure. That is where we all wanted to stay but everything was booked.
In fact, strangely, SSR was the ONLY DVC accommodations available for Nov. 6-12! Must be the F+W Festival. We're glad to be there for it, but hopeful the parks aren't too crowded.

BellesRose
07-13-2010, 07:25 PM
There wasn't anything I didn't love about the resort! It's so quiet and I never saw anyone there except in the food court...it felt like we were the only ones there! I wish the prices were more affordable, but otherwise, I had absolutely no complaints or dislikes.

Septbride2002
07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
We like to stay in the Grand Stand because of the pool area. There is a nice pool plus a whole kiddie area that kids can run through. Also there is a hot tub. The walk to the main building is short and this pool is a lot less crowded then the main pool. There is also a pool bar with drinks and a couple sandwiches.

Also it is the first bus stop on the route so you always get a seat on the way to the parks, and you are the first drop off at night.

Artist Palate is nice in terms of food - it can get really busy though with as big of a resort it is.

~Amanda