PDA

View Full Version : Disney Member's Cruise

Robbieligh
07-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I am considering going on the 2011 DVC member's cruise and was wondering if anyone has been on previous ones? Have they been nice? Another question: My member month is December. Can I borrow from 2011 points for the cruise in 2011? I only have 15 points left for 2010. Is it worth using points or should I just pay for the cruise if I am able to get reservations. Any information about previous member cruises would be appreciated.
Thanks

ElenitaB
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
In looking at using points for paying for a cruise, I never thought it was cost-efficient. Something about the point-to-dollar ratio just never seemed right. But then again, I've used points to stay at resorts (when planning trips too late :blush: ).

sydneymouse
07-12-2010, 03:56 PM
We are new to DVC. What is a member cruise?

ElenitaB
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Every year — generally in the Fall — a sailing is blocked off for DVC members. It's announced ahead of time to all members on the DVC site, email, mailings and the newsletter. You may pay with points or cash.

BBN11
07-26-2010, 06:58 AM
We just became DVC members, as a result of being on a DCL cruise and meeting so many vacation club members.

We are going to cruise next year, but I am not using the points because it is just a 3 day and in the end of August, so the cost is very low for Disney. I am saving points for a 4 day stay at WDW before the cruise.

But, I am thinking of using points for a Med Cruise in the future.

Remember you can cruise anytime. But, I am sure the DVC cruise is extra special for members.:thumbsup:

OH!, I think the only thing about Dec is the water will be chilly. It was a little chilly this past April and that was after a cold and storm Winter.
:cool: