PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Question

BashfulMom
07-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I was planning on making our WDW reservations (for our Sept 2011 trip) in January.

If I do this will I be able to take advantage of the free dining deal, if it is offered again next year?

Would it be better to wait and make our reservations once free dining is announced?

beckylovestink
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
FIrst I would suggest booking through Magical Journeys....I did it for the first time this year and have been very impressed.

If you do that, they will let you know of any deals that come up during your time.

If you do it on your own, you have to rebook with Disney, they will not automatically do this.

of course, there is no guarantee that free dining will be offered....there were trying to wean away from so many savings..,
good luck!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-11-2010, 09:38 PM
:ditto:

Book with Magical Journeys, and they'll do all of the hard work for you :)

You can book yourself, and if free dining is announced, you'll have to call Disney and ask them to apply it to your reservation. It most certainly can be done, but one year (before I knew about MJ), it took me 3 calls to Disney for them to credit free dining to my reservation.

Carolanne
07-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Another vote for going with Magical Journeys. Again--if a special comes up after you've booked with MJ, your MJ travel agent will automatically check to see if it will be of benefit to you.

When I was Pop Century in May, I had a bounceback offer in my room; I emailed the info to Denise at MJ & she applied to my November booking. When it was recently announced that free dining had been extended & I would be able to take advantage of it, without me even asking, Denise at MJ automatically checked to see if it would be advantageous to me (and it isn't--Denise let me know that I'm saving more with the bounceback offer over free dining).

The beauty is of MJ is that they automatically checks for you when a special is announced.

Now, I have booked directly w/WDW and when a special was announced I called them & had them apply it (without any issue), but--when you book w/WDW, YOU have to call them to have a special applied, they won't automatically apply it for you.

There have been times when I've been so excited to book a trip that I do book directly w/WDW just so it's booked, but then I'll transfer the booking to MJ. I loooove Magical Journeys!