PDA

View Full Version : Frogg Toggs

MarkC
07-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone. We leave in 2 days (yeah!) and decided to try and do something to minimize the heat. We bought a couple of Frogg Toggs chilling towels. Has anyone used them? Just curious if they are worth the $15 we just spent. Also, if anyone has any tips for maximizing their use let me know as well. Thanks. Mark

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
No review on them but just curious as to where you bought them?

MarkC
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I found them at a local sporting goods store. They are about $15 each. The box says to run water on them, and as they evaporate they cool you down. It looks like you put them on your neck and they are supposed to cool for 1-4 hours but you don't get wet. I'm guessing it will be closer to 1 hour in Orlando in summer. However, run more cool water on them and you start the process over. According to the box you can wash them and they last for years. If nothing else I will report and let everyone know whether they do any good. Always willing to provide input (either good or bad) and help a few other Disney devotees.

VWL Mom
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I found them at a local sporting goods store. They are about $15 each. The box says to run water on them, and as they evaporate they cool you down. It looks like you put them on your neck and they are supposed to cool for 1-4 hours but you don't get wet. I'm guessing it will be closer to 1 hour in Orlando in summer. However, run more cool water on them and you start the process over. According to the box you can wash them and they last for years. If nothing else I will report and let everyone know whether they do any good. Always willing to provide input (either good or bad) and help a few other Disney devotees.

Will be interested to hear how they work.

Have a great trip!

forever a child
07-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Our team sponsor swim store sells these at our swim meets. I haven't bought one yet, but I was considering it. So nothing to report. I'll be interested in your report so I can decide if I want one for DD.

LandFan
07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
We use Arctic Bandanas from SparklingEarth (found on the internet). They are like $5.99 each and also last for like 1,000 uses. They stay cool for like 2 days! Really - after I am done using them, I hang them on a hook to dry out and it takes like 2 days for them to dry out. These tiny crystals swell up a ton and hold a bunch of water. You can also put them into the freezer after you let them soak up the water and they will get colder.

Just some more general info on the subject.

Oh, and they also have doggie bandanas. I got one for each of my doggies and it helps keep them cool too!

LVT
07-17-2010, 08:55 AM
I found a sun shade hat with these crystals also. I have not tried it yet, but I am hopeful. Advert. is
wet down and wear, cools the head all day.

MikeyP
08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm curious to know how the OP made out with these...

CU Tiger
08-13-2010, 12:12 PM
We bought Frog Toggs for our entire softball all-star team and they worked really well! Heat indexes were over 100F and these really helped keep the girls cool. They are best used if you keep them in a cooler of 1/2 ice and 1/2 water. They feel real good when you get over heated. I would recommend them, but shop around. We were able to get ours cheaper.:mickey:

MikeyP
08-13-2010, 12:17 PM
We bought Frog Toggs for our entire softball all-star team and they worked really well! Heat indexes were over 100F and these really helped keep the girls cool. They are best used if you keep them in a cooler of 1/2 ice and 1/2 water. They feel real good when you get over heated. I would recommend them, but shop around. We were able to get ours cheaper.:mickey:

Got any suggestions? They get close to $20 each at the places I've looked once you factor in shipping. The outlet site is back-ordered until the end of August, and since we're going on September 5th I'm not sure I want to risk the wait.

magicalmom
08-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Polar Breeze - has a clearance section where the cooling scarves go for $6. They have hats, also.

Ummm - note for ladies - they also offer items they call "Boob Tubes":secret:

MarkC
08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Sorry but I forgot about this post until now, although I did talk about it briefly in my trip report.

The bottom line is they worked great and were well worth the $15 each we spent. I will take them again, and even take them to kids ball games or anywhere you have to stay out in the heat. We ran some cold water in them and even in the heat they stayed wet all day. My wife did not add any water to hers during the day, but I would run some cold water on mine if I found a good fountain. We put them across our necks and they really did keep us much cooler. No one snickered at us that we saw and a few people even asked about them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I'm sure there are similar products on the market but I can recommend these.