PDA

View Full Version : Theme park phone apps

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2010, 10:05 AM
I have an iPhone, and have an app with the wait times, which I also contributed to on our last trip... My question is... Does anyone find themselves looking at the wait times from home? DH and I are always looking and we have a joke about Peter Pan because we never have ridden it because it's such a long wait! "Oh look! Peter Pan is only 25 minutes right now. Let's go!" It really adds to the anticipation for us for our next trip!

WDW*Dreamer
07-11-2010, 11:01 AM
I use Ride Hopper for the DROID. It works fine, but it's only as good as the number of people willing to contribute wait times.

I'm curious, do any of the apps (iPhone/DROID/Blackberry) actually get official wait times from Disney?

I too enjoy looking at the wait times while I'm not at Disney....makes me feel a little connected to the Kingdom.

You NEED to try to make it onto Peter Pan during your next trip. It's a GREAT ride....definitely one of my "must dos".

WDW*Dreamer

Donald
07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I am glad I am not the only one who feels the need to keep in touch with all that is Disney.

My sisters were down at Disneyworld this week, and I kept sending them text messages about wait times from my home in Michigan.

I wish there was an app with live feeds from around Disneyworld--so I could see the action!

MuchLovedMama
07-11-2010, 12:53 PM
I look myself a couple times a day. 2 years ago when we went we didn't get to ride Peter Pan cause the line was around an hour or so we chose to skip it. I've not ridden it since 2000 but it sure was one of my favorites then and I sure hope I get to do it this upcoming trip.

I keep looking at TSM more than anything and it's usually showing about 100 min wait. We'll be fastpassing that one I'm sure.

WDWfanatic742
07-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Nothing gives exact official times except a Verizon only app that I don't think has been able to be downloaded for Android and some other phones still. The other option the rest of us have is the site Mobile WDW (http://m.disneyworld.go.com/) the gives general wait times (moderate, high demand, etc.). I have Ride Hopper app on my Android phone and I look at it every couple of days just out of boredom and wanting to know what the rides are doing. :D

stephntampa
07-12-2010, 09:10 AM
I have the Droid Eris and the Ride Hopper app is unavailable to me :thedolls: At Busch Gardens in Tampa, when you walk in there is a sign telling you to text a word to a certain number, and you receive texts every 30 minutes or so alerting you to the wait times on some of the more popular rides. It seems Disney could do the same thing, right?