PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Dessert Party

DisneyLuver91
07-10-2010, 05:17 PM
I just wanted to know how much the dessert party is per person? I sadly (and oddly) never get to see the fireworks because my mom hates the crowds. I figured maybe I can lure her in with chocolate. :thedolls:

queenmom9497
07-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I think it was around $50.00 per person and SOOOO not worth it. Sure, the desserts were yummy but the way the tables are set up, you can't sit at your table and enjoy the fireworks because all the people behind you queue up along the railing and block your view. You are better off saving your money and finding a table on the street early. I was very disappointed in this experience and felt like I was taken for a $200.00 ride with my family.:down:

forever a child
07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
The cost is $21.99 for Guests ages 10 and over and $11.99 for Guests ages 3 - 9. You have to pay at the time of booking. It's also $25.99 for adults and $13.99 for children during "peak" periods.

KylesMom
07-10-2010, 09:10 PM
We were quoted at $29.99 per person over age 10 for selected dates July 24 through August 7. While I've heard that it's a great experience, we can't justify these prices for dessert & a table. I guess it all depends on your itinerary and if you can eat $30 worth of desserts and get a good view to figure the "worth" of the party.

Maryln8
07-11-2010, 03:31 AM
but it was worth every penny. Your paying for a unique experience. The deserts are good. If you're looking to enjoy the fireworks it would be the perfect solution to your mom not liking crowds. The location is perfect. I used to seek out this location before it became the desert party spot. They have reserved tables, I'm not sure if they assign tables based on when the resv. are made.(like Hoop De Doo.)
You don't feel closed in or cramped. Stake out your spot on the rail early. You can take your time leaving so you're not caught in the rush of people on the street. It really is a good time. I hope you reconsider.

wdw dude
07-11-2010, 05:46 PM
but it was worth every penny. Your paying for a unique experience. The deserts are good. If you're looking to enjoy the fireworks it would be the perfect solution to your mom not liking crowds. The location is perfect. I used to seek out this location before it became the desert party spot. They have reserved tables, I'm not sure if they assign tables based on when the resv. are made.(like Hoop De Doo.)
You don't feel closed in or cramped. Stake out your spot on the rail early. You can take your time leaving so you're not caught in the rush of people on the street. It really is a good time. I hope you reconsider.

I agree. I really enjoyed it. I also agree with the posters who say not to go to an all you can eat buffet beforehand. I made the mistake of going to Tusker House before the party and it definitely curtailed my dessert consumption!! I did get enough, though.

:mickey: