PDA

View Full Version : Worker killed at Wide World Of Sports

Daisy'sMom
07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I just heard the news that an electrician was killed today at Disney over at ESPN Wide World of Sports. So sorry for the family and everyone involved.

WDWdriver
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
From the WFTV news web site:

A worker was electrocuted Friday while helping install a platform at Disney's Wide World of Sports, the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office told WFTV, and later died at Celebration Hospital.

Osceola County sheriff's deputies said the 50-year-old worker was building a platform at the Wide World of Sports complex Friday morning when something went terribly wrong.

brownie
07-12-2010, 11:22 AM
One of the news reports I read said he had been electrician for 30 years.

Michelle15
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Wow how sad :(

DizneyRox
07-12-2010, 12:43 PM
One of the news reports I read said he had been electrician for 30 years.

I know a few old skool electricians and the ones I know don't play around. Been scolded myself a few times trying to "help" and I guess I wasn't.

Electricity ain't no joke... A lot of DIYs I think (and many municipalities) don't give electrical the respect it deserves and jump into a panel without a second thought. Me? I'd rather screw up some plumbing. Worst case is I get a little wet.

NewDVCowner
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Whenever I do any electrical work in my house I always turn off ALL the power to the entire house, not just the one breaker for what I need to work with. Better to be safe than sorry. My grandfather was an electrician that was actually killed on the job because the office building refused to turn off their a/c.