PDA

View Full Version : Late Easter and Spring Breaks

ftwildernesskid
07-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Has anyone looked at their Spring Break schedule for 2011 to see if the late Easter date (April 24) will effect their Spring Break dates? Our break is always the week of Easter but this year it will start April 1. We were planning a trip the first week of June, but now I'm wondering if April would be better. Anyone have any thoughts about crowd levels the first week of April when it doesn't coincide with Easter?

BrerGnat
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I'd take April over June, if only for the weather! Our kids spring break is April 18-22 next year (week before Easter, just like it was this year). We went to WDW the week before Easter this year, and it was crowded, but not as bad as I expected. I'm kicking around the idea to go again next year for Spring Break week, but there is a chance we will be moving to Florida next summer, and if that pans out, we'll skip the spring break trip and just go once we move down there.

However, I would guess crowds would be moderate the first week of April 2011, as lots of people will also be on spring break, but that's a good 3 weeks before Easter.

DawsonAR
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Our spring breL is the last full week of March. I too am wondering when everyone else has their breaks scheduled.

Disney4us2
07-11-2010, 02:36 PM
We are planning on going the week before Easter (4/16 to 4/23) as that is when my DD is on her break. We will be booking as soon as the 2011 dates are open.:mickey:

BigRedDad
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
My wife is a teacher. Spring Break for her is still the week before Easter. It is such a waste. The school board doesn't want to give up that extra day because of Good Friday. This way, they only have to give a 4-day Spring Break.