PDA

View Full Version : Children's Dining Plan Question

TysMomTink
07-09-2010, 01:43 PM
This is the first year my DS (3) will have his own credits on the Dining Plan. I know he needs to order off the kids' menu. My question is regarding snack credits: does he have any limitations or is it the same as adults? Just curious. Thanks fellow Intercotees for your knowledge!

Disney4us2
07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
On our last trip we DD was 7 and had the child DDP. Her snacks were the same as mine.:bar::bar:

DizneyRox
07-09-2010, 02:08 PM
A snack is a snack... That the main reason why the child menu is so limited, I believe.

cajundisneyfreak
07-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Just a tip in case you didn't know this.You can order regular counter service for your child.I found this out halfway through our trip.You don't have to order off the kid's menu for counter service.A cast member was nice enough to let us know that.:mickey:

Guya103
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Glad to know that a child can order off the adult menu at CS. My little brother is eight and I was looking at the Cosmic Ray's menu and they only offer one thing for kids! :mickey:

MonoMan
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
On our last trip we discovered that often TS places have "other options" for children that aren't listed on the menu. We were able to get chicken fingers and french fries at several places. I was also impressed at how helpful the CMs are with giving options for the child credit. We found that there was no difference in the snack credits - both adult and child credits have equal "value".

TysMomTink
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone! That is great to know about the CS meals. :mickey:

Wall-e
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Cajundisneyfreak mentioned that kids can order off of the adult menu while using the dining plan, this is great news for me. My son will be almost 10 when we go and I am worried the kids meals may not fill him up. When I read the dining plan rules it states that kids must order from the kids menu when available. So my question is this: Can they only order from the adult CS menu when no children's menu is available? I would think most or even all CS would have at least one kdis menu item. Thanks!

Figment!
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM
**Moderator Note**

The following is from the Disney Dining Plan FAQ:
Q: Are there restrictions on how I can redeem my credits?

A: The following are currently restrictions on credit redemption:

Child Credits can only be redeemed for Child Meals where available.
Credits may not be redeemed for Guests not vacationing on the credit holder's Magic My Way Package.

The Dining Staff appreciates INTERCOTee's sharing their personal experiences; however, the INTERCOT Terms of Service prohibits any discussion on how to get around any rule published to Guests regardless of what some individual Cast Members may state.

Figment!
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
When I read the dining plan rules it states that kids must order from the kids menu when available.

You are correct, all official literature states that Child's Credits must be redeemed for a Children's Menu item/meal if available.

I would think most or even all CS would have at least one kids menu item.

The following restaurants have recently not offered a Children's menu:

Casey's Corner
Main Street Bakery
Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
Sommerfest
Toluca Turkey Legs
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Wall-e
07-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks Figment, that helps a lot!