PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break 2011 Crowds

Disney4us2
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
My DD and I and a friend and her DD will be going to WDW the week before Easter. We will be at WL and planning on taking mid day breaks.

Just wanted to know how bad the crowds are during spring break. Is is totally crazy?

faline
07-09-2010, 10:43 AM
The week leading up to Easter is pretty busy but not as busy as Easter week itself (at least not until the weekend of Easter). I'd expect plenty of company and plan to make wise use of fast pass.

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 11:11 AM
:ditto: It'll be nuts, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good time. Just have a plan, use fastpass, and don't try to be park commando and you'll be fine.

Jillirose
07-09-2010, 01:44 PM
You have a good plan - take mid day breaks. We have been several times the first week of April (our spring break). We hit the parks early, stayed till mid afternoon and then back to the hotel until EMH.

Like the others suggested, use fastpasses. I would find out which rides everyone wants to go on for sure and see which fastpasses book out very late quickly. My experience has been that Soarin' and Toy Story are the ones that sell out of the fastpasses early on. Not sure about the coasters.

Have fun!! :mickey:

jax86
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM
my sister went easter week a few years back and said by 12:00 noon parks were closed due to crowds. She said she would never do it again, I guess it depends on the year, If you have no other option just go, get there early and make the best of it.

jonsmom
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I believe that Easter is late in 2011. I believe that it is April 24th.

Disneyfirsttimer
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Just went this past year the week before Easter and it was crazy crowded. Worse than it was during spring break in 2006. Towards the end of the week, MK closed to Phase 4 by 2:00pm. Standby times on the popular rides was over 120 minutes and FPs were gone by 11:00am. I will not go again during spring break. Paid full price for everything (our dates were blacked out for discounts) and the dining plan was paid at a premium. Just too crazy for us.