PDA

View Full Version : Not to sound greedy but....

Belster
07-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Will a public offer still be announced for the months of Oct.-Dec.?

My November dates were blacked out...I got 2 pins codes with my dates blocked out...I am frustrated!!! Any ideas if there will be any further promotions?

BTW....what is going on 11/6-11/14? Why are my dates blacked out?????

faline
07-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Veterans day is November 11th. New Jersey schools generally shut down for a few days around the 11th and many folks from that state take advantage of this time to take a trip to Disney World. Not sure if that's the entire answer but it may be part of it.

Belster
07-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Veterans day is November 11th. New Jersey schools generally shut down for a few days around the 11th and many folks from that state take advantage of this time to take a trip to Disney World. Not sure if that's the entire answer but it may be part of it.

Does that mean the crowds will be crazy??? I hope not...I cannot imagine one state crowding the entire WDW Resort. I hope not. :thedolls:

faline
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
I would certainly expect an increase in crowds that weekend. Veterans Day is on a Thursday this year. IEven if folks outside of New Jersey add Wednesday and Friday as vacation days (or even just Friday), it would certainly make a long weekend in Disney quite doable.

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
A public offer has already been made for the Oct-Dec timeframe. They extended the "free" dining with several blackout dates. Check here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=172497).

NJGIRL
07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Does that mean the crowds will be crazy??? I hope not...I cannot imagine one state crowding the entire WDW Resort. I hope not. :thedolls:

I will be there for a few days during those dates. You would be surprised how many NJ people are there at that time. It's not just the teachers but also families who do not want to pull their kids out of school for a whole week.

Belster
07-09-2010, 09:56 AM
A public offer has already been made for the Oct-Dec timeframe. They extended the "free" dining with several blackout dates. Check here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=172497).

I know about the free dining but my dates have been blacked out...hoping that somthing else...even something small will be offered.

DVCDisneyMom
07-09-2010, 09:59 AM
New Jersey schools are closed November 4th and 5th this year. We travel to Disney every year during the NJ weekend and there are no crowds. We love going that weekend! This year we are flying out on the 3rd and flying home on the 8th. Staying at AKL. Cannot wait! I wouldn't give those dates a second thought. You will love being there during that time. Just be prepared for every cast member to ask you if you are from New Jersey! It's pretty funny!!

diz_girl
07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Like DVCDisneyMom wrote, Jersey week should be the week before your trip.

I hope to go te first week of November too, but not because of the schools (DS is only 3), but because we plan to see the Space Shuttle Launch, which is currently scheduled for November 1st. There are only two more launches left, with the next launch originally scheduled for Sep 15 and the last in mid-November, but the schedule was changed to Nov 1 for the first and late Feb for the last one. I can't go see the last launch, as I'm expecting and my due date is January 30th.

It's also our 15th wedding anniversary on November 4th, so what better place to spend it than at WDW. Funny thing is, I told DS a couple of years ago that I wanted to spend my 15th anniversary at WDW, and we might just be able to do it, if NASA sticks to the current launch schedule.

Strmchsr
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I know about the free dining but my dates have been blacked out...hoping that somthing else...even something small will be offered.

I wouldn't count on it. They typically only do one big public offering at a time. It's usually a room only offer or a package offer, but I don't recall seeing them offer 2 package deals concurrently.

Belster
07-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't count on it. They typically only do one big public offering at a time. It's usually a room only offer or a package offer, but I don't recall seeing them offer 2 package deals concurrently.

Oh man!!!:thedolls:

Nothing is going to stop us from going. :mickey:

ravsluvdisney
07-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Part of that time period is "Jersey Week'. The schools in NJ have teacher's convention on the 4th and 5th of November and a lot of parents head to Disney so the kids don't miss as much school. Could be that the week after is blacked out since people carry over into the second week. We have been many times during that week and it is a great time to go but I have noticed that the pin codes we get are blacked out too!

mdricks
07-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Ive been down on the jersey week before. It makes more of a difference than you would think. We stayed through the weeknd after everybody went home and it felt like half the people disappeared.

That being said, I'll be there that weekend myself. Last week of food and wine at Epcot.
:beer: