PDA

View Full Version : First DVC Stay 6/27-7/2

disneydad153
07-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Our first stay, me, DW and 2 DD's, as DVC members.:mickey: Our home resort is BLT but we chose Kidani as our first stay since we are going again in Oct and wanted to check it out and save a few points in the process.
Arrived around 9am on 6/27 after driving in from NJ and staying in Kissemmee Sat night. The room was ready which was as surprise. We headed up to our 1 br statndard view in Timone which was great. The view was of the ponds next to the tennis courts. Not bad at all. I unpacked with about six trips up and down the elevator. We then headed off to MK to meet up with friends. Crowds were not bad, it was just hot.

day 2, headed back to MK and had lunch at CRT in the castle. First time there. DD's enjoyed it and I thought the food was good. Spent rest of day doing things we usually skip. Ended up there till closing

day 3, hung out at the pool till 3 then to Epcot. Again the crowds were OK. We stayed in the world and did the Kim Possible missions. Ate at China counter service, love the ginger ice cream. Then off to watch illuminations. After that we hit journey to imagination, Capt EO didn't open till Fri. Then hit space ship earth as we were leaving.

day 4, spent day at Typhoon Lagoon and DTD at night. TL was not that crowded and we spent most of day in the wave pool. Not sure I would spend $180 again on it though especially with the resort pools. Rain came around 5 but ended by the time we hit DTD. Ate at T-Rex for the first time. A little expensive but nice inside, not sure if we will return though.

day 5, Spent day at HS. saw pretty much everything except TSM. Line waits were just to long, usually over 100 mins. Rain came around 530 and stayed all night. We actually were seated for Fantasmic when as soon as Mickey appeared, the deluge started and the show was ended. We then joined the exodus from the park. Line for buses was long but it turned out everyone was for POP, we were able to get the AKL line which had only a handful of people in it. Made it back to resort in no time!

Day 6, ate breakfast at Jambo, walked around Kidani a little and then checked out and headed for our friends home.

Overall, I liked Kidani. The pool and atmosphere there were great. The golf cart back and forth to Jambo made life easier also. We had a seat on every bus ride to and from the parks, which we never had everytime in past stays at the values and mods. Glad we purchased a DVC membership:thumbsup: Can't wait for Octobers trip.

faline
07-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Welcome home! Sounds like you had a lovely inaguaral trip as owners!

KylesMom
07-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Congratulations on celebrating your first trip as DVC owners! I'm surprised that you didn't run into heavy crowds your last few days there, with it being so close to the holiday. Good resort, good dining & good transportation - what more could you ask for?! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you had a nice trip. Enjoy your upcoming one!

Thanks for sharing.

:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay at the AKL. Cant wait to hear about your October trip at BLT. We wish we could buy there!

vizsla
07-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
07-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks for sharing. Great report.

princessgirls
07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
A wonderful vacation!!

Thanks for the report!

Julie:mickey:

BluewaterBrad