PDA

View Full Version : ASMu or POP?

Rekenna
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi! We were going to go to POR for the first time on our next trip, but with free dining and all I double checked and if we down-grade to a Value we will save another $300. So that's kind of a no-brainer.

So bummed about POR, but I will be at WDW again and someday I will get to go! Plus I still get to go to Disney-so no whining!

Anyways, we have stayed at all the Values except ASMu. Shoulde we give ASMu a go or POP?

I have a goal to stay at every resort eventually and I'm thinking ASMu may be less crowded. But, POP is nice too.

What ya think?:mickey:

BigRedDad
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
If your goal is to stay at all of the resorts, then I would say stay at AsMu.

PopPhan
07-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Just understand that going "down" to a Value also downgrades your DDP offering to the Quick Service DDP rather than the Standard DDP. To go back up to the Standard DDP will cost $10 per person per night.

If you haven't stayed at ASMu and want to stay in all WDW Resorts, then by all means give it a go and stay at ASMu.

Rekenna
07-08-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=PopPhan;2074448]Just understand that going "down" to a Value also downgrades your DDP offering to the Quick Service DDP rather than the Standard DDP. To go back up to the Standard DDP will cost $10 per person per night.QUOTE]

I had taken that into consideration-thanks for the heads up though. I am going to upgrade to the regular DDP and pay the difference-especially since I got such rockn' ADR's!:mickey:

Dedivah
07-08-2010, 03:14 PM
POP is my favorite Value! :thumbsup:

LandFan
07-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Pop is my favorite too. I've stayed at ASMu twice - not a fan. Sorry :confused:

We are going in November too and are staying at Pop (and upgraded to the standard plan and have rockin' adrs too :D) see you there!

Rekenna
07-09-2010, 11:13 PM
In case anyone cares....I chose POP. One main reason is b/c I like were POP is situated in relation to the parks vs. ASMu. I will have to try ASMu one day though!

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

DisneyFr33k
07-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Have you been to POP before? If not, you'll enjoy it over the AS resorts. Dedicated bus service and newer rooms made it our favorite value (we've stayed at ASMu once and ASMo twice and now POP twice).

We're going up to a moderate this upcoming trip because this is the last time our family will be able to travel to the World during October. Kids are in year round schools now and our oldest will be going to traditional high school next year. So we will enjoy our last Fall trip down. :mickey: