PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Portobello at DTD

RAIDER
07-08-2010, 03:21 AM
Ive never ever visited here and am wanting to give it a try when i visit Florida later this year.
Is it any good ?

Thanking you in advance :thumbsup:

EeyoresBestFriend
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
We used to go there whenever we went down and enjoyed their food.

A couple years back, it was taken over by Wolfgang Pucks(it still kept the Portobello name) and the menu changed. It still has an italian sort of bend to the menu, but we found that the food was not nearly as good and the prices were ridiculously high.( A $30.00 entree of ravioli with about 10 pieces to it). The service had definitely declined as well. :(

We have chosen to pass on it now, but you may enjoy it . . . there are definitely worse places out there to eat, just be prepared to pay for it. :spend:

ThanxForNoticin
07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
We love Portobello. Over the years, we have had some great meals there. In fact, we're going back again in September. For us, it's one of the best restaurants that people don't talk about much. Awesome desserts. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it....

Polynesian Dweller
07-08-2010, 01:44 PM
A couple years back, it was taken over by Wolfgang Pucks(it still kept the Portobello name) and the menu changed. It still has an italian sort of bend to the menu, but we found that the food was not nearly as good and the prices were ridiculously high.( A $30.00 entree of ravioli with about 10 pieces to it). The service had definitely declined as well. :(

It is still owned and operated by Levy which also operates Fulton's and Wolfgang Puck's. It was not taken over by Puck.

They redid the decor in 2009 and some menu changes. We have found that the quality is still as high as always and would recommend it highly. The prices compare to Disney Signature restaurants and that's what it would be if Disney owned it. It's one of our few must restaurants every year.

KAT1811
07-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Portobello is one of our favorite restaurants and a must do for our family!!! We tried it for the first time on our last trip and it was one of the best meals we had in the 18 days we were there! I found the service to be some of the best in WDW. I tend to be a bit critical when it comes to service but Portobello was great! I wouldn't miss it! We ate on the patio and it was wonderful! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

:mickey: