PDA

View Full Version : How Should I Plan The Parks? One a day or Hop?

mommy2maddi
07-07-2010, 10:27 PM
DH and I are going alone to WDW July 25-30. We have park hoppers but not sure how to approach the planning. Should we go to one park in the morning and then hop to another park later in the day to take advantage of EMH? We aren't huge morning ppl so we don't plan to do morning EMH, except maybe when they have it at Epcot. Anyone have advice that has gone at this time of year??? :mickey:

chefmickey3
07-08-2010, 06:46 AM
When DH and I were in the World for our anniversary, we did hop. It was more whatever we felt like doing that day then trying to plan. See what you feel like each day. Maybe plan a park to start in and then go with it - stay or leave. We had a great time not having to plan (as we do when we bring our three children!)

wdwfansince75
07-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Leaving for WDW (SoG) on Saturday....will get PH's....as usual....is it a necessity or a habit?
Why do I hop?
1. To take advantage of MK hours/parades/fireworks ( We tend to hop to MK almost all evenings)
2. To avoid unpleasant crowds...can be a problem in July with tour groups
3. Gives more flexibility for dinning options.
4. Take advantage (or avoid) EMH
5. Change of pace
6. Start morning/end evening at park most conveinent to resort.
7. Better access to favorite rides...last trip, I was able to ride TSMM on three seperate days, by getting to DHS at opening, then meeting the family at the park of the day. On an earlier trip, did EE on 3 seperate days, even though we only did one day at AK....
8. Allows me to avoid making decision....and allows DW to make decisions without seeming to be dictating to the crowd...."We are going to go to EPCOT, to do Test Track. Maybe we'll meet up with everyone later at MK.
9. With families, really makes an afternoon break easier...Do Park A until DK's get restless, get them back to resort for swimming/nap/snack....Then to other resort (usually MK) for evening...

faline
07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
It is very hot and humid at this time of year. We often use park hoppers by starting our day with one park and staying until we are too hot or can no longer tolerate the crowds. We then return to our resort for some pool and rest time. Later, we will go to dinner and/or return to a park. Oftentimes, the park we return to will not be the same park we started the day with. We might choose to see fireworks in the Magic Kingdom after having spent a chunk of the day at Animal Kingdom. Or, we might choose to wander through Epcot of an evening after having spent the start of the day at Disney Studios. Use your park hoppers however they best work for you!

BelleBeauty
07-08-2010, 10:21 AM
We very often split up our days. We will start in the park that has EMH (some of the time), stay until we have lunch. Then we go back to our room and hit the pool in the hot weather or just take a break during the day. We will plan dinner at another park and stay for the evening show. Most of our planning is based around evening shows and dining plans.