PDA

View Full Version : December dining

tinksmom02
07-07-2010, 10:12 PM
So we JUST literally booked a trip for December and this was my first foray into online dining. Couldn't get Ohana or Chef Mickey's for dinner the whole trip, but I suppose we'll survive (I might still call and try for Ohana).

We have dinners booked at:

Chef de France
Kona Cafe
50's Prime Time Cafe
Wolfgang Puck's Cafe
Tutto Italia

and breakfasts at Crystal Palace, Ohana, and 1900 Park Fare.

Right now I have one too many...I think CP might be the one to go.

All of the dinners will be new for us, although we've had lunch at Tutto. Did I make some decent choices? I was literally just making random reservations, just trying to make sure we were eating somewhere. I made and then cancelled Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner and Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

OH! We have some REALLY picky eaters with us.

TIA!

4disneynuts
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
We are going Dec 12-19. We have really picky eaters to and pretty much like the plain basics. We haven't eaten at any of the dinner places you chose. We usually have a later breakfast and then a lighter supper (usually counter service). We loved Grand Floridian breakfast and have booked that again along with Chef Mickey, Ohana, and Crystal Palace. The only dinner we booked was Whispering Canyon Cafe which is awesome. Our teenagers love it. That may be an option for you. If you go to Allears.net you can look at all the current menus and that may help you make a decision. Have a fun trip.:mickey:

disneymom2000
07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
You did excellent. When are you going in December? I will be there Dec 12-16 and I have ressies at three of the places that you do. Maybe we will bump into each other. 50's Prime Time is a must if you haven't done it before. I am trying all new restaurants this visit except for Chef's de France where I ate on my last visit but was so impressed I had to do it again this time. Never have been to Tutto and am dying to try it. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is new for me too and I decided to forego the Crystal Palace since I have eaten there every trip since my first one. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and experience it all now.

lighteningqueen
07-08-2010, 02:38 AM
You should think about Teppon Edo. Great place for steak and shrimp or chicken..
Yak and Yeti is also very good
Tusker for Breakfast it is the best and the characters are wonderful and take their time

tinksmom02
07-08-2010, 09:22 AM
You did excellent. When are you going in December? I will be there Dec 12-16 and I have ressies at three of the places that you do. Maybe we will bump into each other. 50's Prime Time is a must if you haven't done it before. I am trying all new restaurants this visit except for Chef's de France where I ate on my last visit but was so impressed I had to do it again this time. Never have been to Tutto and am dying to try it. Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is new for me too and I decided to forego the Crystal Palace since I have eaten there every trip since my first one. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and experience it all now.

We're going the first week of December, so unfortunately we won't be there the same time as you. But thanks for the votes on Chefs de France--is Remy still there?? And I think that's why we'll skip CP this time around--done it too many times. Breakfast at Park Fare is one of the best, in my opinion.

You should think about Teppon Edo. Great place for steak and shrimp or chicken..
Yak and Yeti is also very good
Tusker for Breakfast it is the best and the characters are wonderful and take their time

We kick around Teppan Edo every trip, but we have some really good hibachi around here and think the "show" at Disney won't compare. We've done Tusker House for breakfast; Y&Y might be good but we're never usually in AK long enough to stay for dinner.

Thanks!

tinksmom02
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
We are going Dec 12-19. We have really picky eaters to and pretty much like the plain basics. We haven't eaten at any of the dinner places you chose. We usually have a later breakfast and then a lighter supper (usually counter service). We loved Grand Floridian breakfast and have booked that again along with Chef Mickey, Ohana, and Crystal Palace. The only dinner we booked was Whispering Canyon Cafe which is awesome. Our teenagers love it. That may be an option for you. If you go to Allears.net you can look at all the current menus and that may help you make a decision. Have a fun trip.:mickey:

I tried for WCC but it was booked for our trip. The picky eaters in our group would be happy with cheeseburgers for dinner all week, but the rest of us enjoy a nice sit down meal. Hopefully we've got a little of everything picked out!

equinoxman
07-12-2010, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=tinksmom02;2074329]We're going the first week of December, so unfortunately we won't be there the same time as you. But thanks for the votes on Chefs de France--is Remy still there?? And I think that's why we'll skip CP this time around--done it too many times. Breakfast at Park Fare is one of the best, in my opinion.

Hope you were able to get free dining. I like your choices, CP does get old quick and food isn't that great in my opion. We will be checking in on Dec. 7 at the Poly. Have a great time I know we will.