PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

DisneyLuver91
07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
What is the best restaurant for breakfast that ISN'T a buffet? I have reservations for The Wave, but am weary of going due to negative reviews. Any advice?

4disneynuts
07-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I have not eaten at the Wave for breakfast but my two picks would be either Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Resort or Kona Cafe at the Poly. I hear the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe is awesome, we are staying at Poly and I just might have to give it a try!! :mickey:

MonoMan
07-08-2010, 05:47 AM
We've had lunch and dinner at The Wave and both were fantastic, and I personally would try it for breakfast. Places we've enjoyed for breakfast include Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-08-2010, 07:52 AM
Kona! Its well known for its Tonga Toast which I tried last trip and yes it's very good. Banana stuffed french toast deep fried and rolled in sugar.

If traditional breakfast is more your style, Kona does that well too. My son had Steak and Eggs and my mom had the Big Kahuna which comes with eggs, choice of meat, potatoes, french toast and macademia nut pancakes. Both were really good. Also, this is the one place we got really good coffee last trip.

Definitely the best breakfast we've ever eaten at Disneyworld.

disney1122
07-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Good breakfast places that are not buffets - we have enjoyed Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe. Both very good! Kona Cafe is one of our faves - for breakfast and dinner!

whitney37354
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I enjoyed Ohana. It's a character breakfast, so I don't know if you want that. All our breakfasts were character meals.

BigThunderFan
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
We loved Whispering Canyon, the breakfast skillet is family style and all you can eat. Kona is on our list of places to try this time for breakfast, Tonga Toast just sounds too good to miss!

SBETigg
07-08-2010, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't be leery of the Wave. Most of the reviews have been for dinner, and even then, it could turn out to be good for you. It seems to suffer from inconsistency more than from being truly terrible. You could catch the wave on a good day.

But if you are put off, I recommend Grand Floridian Cafe. They do a fabulous breakfast, not a buffet.

faline
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe would be my two top choices.

KAT1811
07-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe would be my two top choices.

:ditto:

Disnamic Duo
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Kona is my favorite place for breakfast. Yes, the Tonga Toast is delicious!

beksy
07-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Kona is my favorite breakfast. I love the Tonga Toast! We enjoy it so much that Mom has requested it a couple of mornings this trip.

disneymom2000
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Decided to try Kona Cafe on my last trip due to all the raves it got on the boards (especially the Tonga Toast). It was awesome. Very laid back, not noisy at all, of course got to see the Polynesian Resort up close and personal which was a bonus. Tried the Tonga Toast but wasn't to my liking. I must be odd man out on that account but the rest of the food was pretty amazing. Definitely will be going back on my next trip.:eat:

diz_girl
07-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Places we've enjoyed for breakfast include Kona Cafe and the Grand Floridian Cafe.

:ditto:

Those were the first two restaurants that came to mind.

badkitty
07-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Kona's is my choice. I love the Macadamia nut pancakes. Reminds me of the pancakes we got on our Hawaii trip. The Tonga Toast is really good and you can get that as Captain Cook's as well.

Jared
07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about The Wave. I have read plenty of enthusiastic reviews about it. I don't suggest putting too much faith in the posts on these boards, anyway. Every restaurant garners incredibly mixed opinions, including the most popular locations like California Grill or Jiko.

But if you're still considering switching, I suggest Kouzzina on the BoardWalk. It offers outdoor table with a lovely view, and the food is wonderful.

DisneyLuver91
07-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the input! We made ressies for the Kona Cafe, which turns out to be an old favorite of my mom's! She loves the Tonga Toast! Woohoo!

#1donaldfan
07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
WCC has a great breakfast skillet !!:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Kouzzina by Cat Corra is without a doubt the best breakfast at WDW. Maybe the best I've had anywhere!:thumbsup:

T-Belle
07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Another vote fro Kona-we just love it!

Phantod
07-09-2010, 04:55 PM
A vote for Wolfgang Puck's Express.....breakfast pizza. Yummo.

Bethanymouse
07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Hands down, no competition- Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Pretty much nothing beats Tonga Toast and Macademian nut pancakes in my opinion!

ElenitaB
07-10-2010, 07:02 PM
There are several non-buffet restaurants that serve excellent breakfasts. So many, in fact, that you have the luxury of chosing on the basis of where you want to be and not just food choices. If you want to go along the monorail loop, there's Kona or GFC. Personally, I've been to Kona and it wasn't my cup of tea (though I would like to try those macadamia pancakes at some point in time). We have an ADR booked at GFC for breakfast for our next trip (thanks in large part to Sheri and Christine's reviews). The breakfast menu at The Wave looks pretty darn good too... in my omnivore days, choosing from that menu would have been very dificult.

That said, if you're at DTD, breakfast at WPE is an unexpected treat. We went in January and our party of four was happy with our choices.

And if you're in the Epcot resort area, I can't say enough about breakfast at Kouzzina. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Ellen, I have Kouzzina reservations for breakfast and dinner on my upcoming trip thanks to your recommendations. I can't wait to compare notes! :)

Tinkerfreak
07-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Ellen, I have Kouzzina reservations for breakfast and dinner on my upcoming trip thanks to your recommendations. I can't wait to compare notes! :)

Sherri I think you will love breakfast here. I had the waffles with marscapone whipped topping on them and they were the best waffles I have ever had. They melted in your mouth and the topping was so good.