PDA

View Full Version : CSR--decent room location help!

tinksmom02
07-07-2010, 10:06 PM
We just booked a December stay at CSR. We were there in 2004, but I don't remember which sections were the "good" ones. We had a car that time, so the bus stops weren't an issue that time, but will be in Dec.

We'd like to be relatively close to a bus stop and the 'main' area, where the Pepper Market is. Not sure what the weather's like in December, so I don't know that a close proximity to the pool(s) is/are needed.

TIA!

buzz2001
07-08-2010, 05:42 AM
I prefer the cabana section.

BigRedDad
07-08-2010, 07:55 AM
We were in Cabana 8B and could not have been happier. It wasn't too bad of a walk. The atmosphere makes the walk that much more enjoyable.

Canuck Park Hopper
07-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Has anyone stayed in the other areas of CSR (Ranchos or Casitas)? Any other pros/cons?

buzz2001
07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I've stayed in all three sections. They are all great for different reasons.

I like the ranchos for the seclusion and quiet. The quiet pool there seems rarely used.

The Casitas have great fountains and courtyards where you can lose yourself with a book or walk at night to see all the beauty of the resort.

Cabanas have the beaches and hammocks as well as their proximity to the main building and pool.

faline
07-08-2010, 01:15 PM
The Cabanas section is my favorite. However, we stayed in the Casitas section last time. Even that was a nice, though longer, walk to the main building. Casitas, however, is much closer to the main pool.

Canuck Park Hopper
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the input! Casitas might get my vote...

I presume that a person is allowed the opportunity to select one region or another when they book. Can you also specify a preference for a particular building block - say 8A or 6B?

MushuGrl
07-11-2010, 02:43 PM
We were in Ranchos in January. At first I was disappointed because it was so far away from the main building, but like Buzz said, it was sooo quiet, plus we were just a hop, skip, and jump from the busstop.

The only con was that it was a bit away from food court, but only about a five, six minute walk which we very much enjoyed (we managed to find a different route back just about every time!

kathiep
07-11-2010, 04:04 PM
We loved Ranchos 7B. It has the quiet pool and is about a 3 minute walk to the main pool. The whole building was very quiet - some of the rooms faced in a such a way that they seemed very secluded. The walk to the food court was not bad - about 8-10 minutes but it was so beautiful no one minded.

mrmcgiv
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
We liked Cabanas location best, I think we were in 8A. I liked the theming and the location was pretty good - about half way between the pool and main area.