PDA

View Full Version : CBR vs. POR

iheartdisney
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans Riverside?

Which one is better?

Ready?

Set?

Go!

RedSoxandPatsfan
07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
POR hands down for our family!

Zimkeeper
07-07-2010, 05:31 PM
POR:thumbsup:
We have stayed at POR and POFQ several times. 5 years ago we tried CBR for our 20th anniversary just for a change. It was OK, but we definitely like POR better. The bus service at CBR was not nearly as good as POR. The resort is so big you spend a lot of time just riding the bus around until your stop. We also like the themeing much better at POR and you just can't beat the boat to DTD.
Now, "we" are a 50 something couple so we appreciate the quiet pools, the entertainment at the POR lounge and the lazy feel of the "Southern" theme.:dance:
We could not get POR with the free dining so we are staying at POFQ for our 25th anniversary.:heart:

#1disneyfan
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
POR or POFQ for me too. I did like the theming at CBR but it is very large. Plus I think with all the trees and vegetation at POR and POFQ I swear it is cooler there!!

:mickey:

Mitzie
07-07-2010, 07:29 PM
We have stayed at both and really enjoyed POR. We were in the AB section and loved all the landscaping. We also liked the themed pool more as well as the food court at POR. So far it is our favorite Mod.:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
A B-I-G vote for CBR here.

Both resorts are great. For me, it comes down to the theme, and I like CBR's theme, POR's theme just isn't appealing to me.

Don't get me wrong, if I stayed at POR I'd definitely have just as great a time as I would at CBR. I'm not knocking POR, I just like CBR better.

I never stayed at POR, but I stayed at POFQ and strolled and rode through POR a few times.

As far as buses. POR shares with POFQ most of the time, which means a total of 5 stops serving more than 3,000 rooms. CBR has 7 internal stops serving 2,112 rooms. So, CBR has 2 more stops, but about 1,000 FEWER people using the bus system.

Ricbr
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
POR is what I would recommend.

I have stayed there 2 times previously....and going back for my 3rd time at the end of the month. Each time we have stayed in the Mansions....but this time we are going for the Bayou section for the Trundle bed. I am very excited about this section since I heard it is more secluded with some very nice quiet pools.

Overall though the place has a great Arcade....very nice food court....Lovely riverboat ride to DownTown Disney. Very quick rides to all of the major parks as well.

Goofy Pluto
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Another vote for POR. Have stayed at both. Didn't like CBR nearly as much as POR.

darthmacho
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Good question! Something that I've wondered myself, since I haven't sayed at either.

The thing that prompted me to choose POR over CBR for our August trip was that it seemed to have a lot more charm. This was a decision I based on tons of pictures and videos I watched online. I also felt the boat to DTD would come in handy at some point, and I wanted to do the horse and buggy ride with my girls. I'm really looking forward to exploring POR, but I can imagine myself staying at CBR some day. The moderates are simply a great way to enjoy an affordable WDW vacation. :mickey:

iheartdisney
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Wow! Looks like POR wins! Thanks everyone!

#1donaldfan
07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
...HELLO !!!! Another vote for POR...!!!:mickey:

Gibbs
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I'll have to let you know. We are taking a weekend trip to CBR in September. We absolutly love POR. The landscape is great the lounge is great and the pool area is also great. HHHMMMM, I'm starting to see a pattern here.:mickey:

yjgirl32
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I have stayed at CBR and POFQ and liked them both for different reasons:

POFQ small, DTD boat, access to POR

CBR- loved the theming, food quality was a lot better in my opinion here, buses seemed to come more frequently

Good luck!

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Having just stayed at both POR and CBR in June my vote goes to CBR. Even though CBR is a huge resort we felt it was easier to get around. Never in all our years of visiting WDW have we gotten lost at our resort, yet we felt so turned around at POR for some reason. All the lush landscaping was beautiful at POR, but it added to the insects. We are from Louisiana and are used to mosquitoes, but I was biten up so bad just in the first few hours at POR. This was the first night of our trip and I didn't get bites anywhere else on WDW property during the rest of our stay. We also ate in the food court at both resorts and we liked CBR's much better. And the pool was a bigger hit with my kids, but they are 8 and 10 year old boys so the pirate theme went a long way with them. This was our first time at POR and our second stay at CBR and if I had to pick out of these two again I'd pick to stay at CBR for a third time.
We are going to WDW for a quick Halloween weekend and will stay at POFQ for that trip simply because its the only moderate we haven't tried yet.

chefmickey3
07-09-2010, 09:49 PM
POR - I like the theming better and it doesn't feel so spread out. Lots of nice extras like the pool at POFQ and fishing at POR. We have really good memories of our years at POR. We have stayed at both and POR has the more Disney magic.

beckylovestink
07-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I have stayed at both and my choice is POR. we are heading back in Sept and are staying at POR. I like the theming, the quiet atmosphere, the quiet pools and the busing.

CBR was too hectic, bus stops were long walks, and just plain busy. The room was nice but I like the more relaxed feel. One thing I loved there was the pina coloda's by the pool!:marg: