PDA

View Full Version : Question about Cinderella's Castle Suite

WorldTraveler
07-07-2010, 03:33 PM
This sounds crazy to me.:confused:
A friend claims to be going to WDW in Sept and spending the 1st night in the castle for a surprise 16th birthday for her daughter.

Claims to have paid a lot for it but would not say how much and also said it was arranged through a cast member that she knows.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Is this even possible?:noway:

PopPhan
07-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Sounds like someone is pulling your leg. The Castle Suite is not for rent, to CMs or the general public.

deedeenmickey
07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
From everything I have heard this is impossible. I think it will not be rented for money no matter who or the amount!

Jordan0301
07-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Unless that person is a Disney Exec or won some kind of promotion...then no, it isn't happening. Just make sure you tell them you want pics/video from the room when they get back.

wdwluv
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Ya know....I could SWEAR I read somewhere...if you bought into DVC that you could get into the suite as a special perk. NO IDEA where I read it.

wdwluv
07-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I HAD asked a cast member when we were checking in at Port Orleans this past May and they said there is no getting into it anymore....NOBODY. But it just doesn't make sense to me that it would just be gathering dust now!! (I always imagined that it would be used for like Make A Wish Foundation and the like)

Georgesgirl1
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Ya know....I could SWEAR I read somewhere...if you bought into DVC that you could get into the suite as a special perk. NO IDEA where I read it.

They actually had a very limited amount of tours for DVC members a year or so ago, but it was a one time deal. You didn't get to stay there, just take a tour of it.

On our Keys to the Kingdom tour we were told that it was only going to be used for sweepstakes winners now. Our tour guide also said that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes stayed there one night which he had written into a contract he had with Disney for some advertising stuff he did. I don't know if that part is true...

Melanie
07-07-2010, 08:42 PM
(I always imagined that it would be used for like Make A Wish Foundation and the like)

And it was, at least directly after the YOAMD promotion was over. I'll see if I can find the article that was posted here about it.

Fangorn
07-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Currently, Southwest has a travel contest going that has as it's grand prize, a WDW trip which includes a night in the Castle Suite.

Steve

Daisy712
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I saw the Southwest Airlines promotion, also. Keeping my fingers crossed!:magic:

plutosnana
07-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Boy it would be a nice 16th birthday present. But WDW has strict rules. They do allow people from Make a Wish to stay in the castle. One of my friends had done it. They had alot of fun, and to top it off, it was their first trip at WDW! I was so happy for them!

:clappy: :goofy:

Ian
07-08-2010, 11:00 AM
It wouldn't really shock me to learn Disney is mostly letting the suite sit unused. It's a pretty big logistical/resource intensive nightmare to monitor folks in the suite. I mean you can't just lock them in there for the night with no one to watch over them (what if there was a medical emergency?) and you certainly can't have them wandering around the Magic Kingdom unattended at night.

I'm sure if the price was right it would be worth it, but my guess is that except for the rare occasions mentioned here it stays vacant.

Which is a real shame ... as someone who was fortunate to have spent the night there I feel bad that more aren't able to share the experience. It was awesome!

wickedgin
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Our tour guide also said that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes stayed there one night which he had written into a contract he had with Disney for some advertising stuff he did. I don't know if that part is true...

I heard they got to use the suite for Suri's birthday, but it was at least in part because they had rented out the entire Magic Kingdom.

LauraByTheSea
07-11-2010, 10:08 AM
It's nice to hear that they use it for Make a Wish. I work with them a lot at my job and love to hear the stories about kids and their wishes!

ChipNDale79
07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
It wouldn't really shock me to learn Disney is mostly letting the suite sit unused. It's a pretty big logistical/resource intensive nightmare to monitor folks in the suite. I mean you can't just lock them in there for the night with no one to watch over them (what if there was a medical emergency?) and you certainly can't have them wandering around the Magic Kingdom unattended at night.

I'm sure if the price was right it would be worth it, but my guess is that except for the rare occasions mentioned here it stays vacant.

Which is a real shame ... as someone who was fortunate to have spent the night there I feel bad that more aren't able to share the experience. It was awesome!

Ok since, you've stayed there, you cant just casually mention in your post you've stayed there. You've got to give us all details :mickey:

BowTie7
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Southwest Airlines Vacations is having a contest (through 7/15/2010) to win a trip to Disney World with one night in the Castle. Google "southwest vacations Disney contest" and it was the 3rd entry. Good luck.

faline
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok since, you've stayed there, you cant just casually mention in your post you've stayed there. You've got to give us all details :mickey:

Details of Ian's stay can be found here. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103341)