PDA

View Full Version : so undecided on what month is best for us

dyin tago
07-07-2010, 10:44 AM
hi again,

dw and I have been having an awful time trying to decide when to visit next and you fellow disney peeps are so much help.

we have gone in july once and september 5 times during free dining:eat: the free dining and lower room price at value resorts is great but we find the heat and humidity sometimes unbearable:fan:

we love to do waterparks and even a beach or 2 and are worried that it will be too cool later in fall or winter.

one big thing I just realized is when we read that it can be cold in late fall some people are from places that stay pretty warm all year.

we are from winnipeg canada where we get
80`s and even 90`s in summer but it can be 0 to -20 in november thru march.

maybe november would be ok for things we like to do? even if it`s cool for ocean swimming we would hope it would be ok for waterparks.

even to be able to stroll thru the theme parks at our leisure and not leave after a couple of hours because we are roasting would be heaven!:cloud9:

does disney usually have some sort of discount in november? by the way,late october would work also but could we still run into lingering heat and humidity then?

so sorry for the long winded post and all the questions:blah:

faline
07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Late October isn't as oppressive as earlier in the year. Some evenings can even be cool enough to warrant jeans and sweatshirts - the key operative word here, however, is SOME. Oftentimes, we've found that we wear shorts throughout our stay in late October.

Things do begin to cool more in November. USA Thanksgiving is at the end of November and that week can be very crowded. Most days are wam enough for swimming in this month though your can hit some that are getting to be on the cool side for pools.

December can be quite variable. We've had lovely, not humid days in December when we've spent the entire day at the pool. On other days (and trips), we've had weather that was too cool/cold for swimming. We've even had weather that warranted wearing our winter gear (We're from New England so are no stranger to cold temperatures) at this time of year. There's no way of knowing what you'll get. Crowds are quite manageable for the beginning of the month but increase as you get closer to the holiday at the end of the month. Christmas week is extremely crowded.

January into February is when you find the coldest weater. Even in these months, though, you can still have days where using the pool is possible. Crowds typically are low during this time of year (until you get to Presidents Day week) and then the busy spring break season starts.

forever a child
07-07-2010, 11:06 AM
IMHO, I would choose based on what you would like to see. If you are interested in the Food & Wine festival, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years. And of course based on pricing. I have a somewhat flexible schedule for our dates with DD being homeschooled so I like to try and choose value or moderate times where rates are cheapest. Your from Canada, so I would think you will be more than comfortable with the weather despite the colder temps more so than the natives.

I hate the cold but we are going during Christmas during the value week and I think since I am in Disney, I'll be able to brave the elements (which could be a heat wave or cold and rain). Have fun choosing!:mickey:

Scar
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
by the way,late october would work also but could we still run into lingering heat and humidity then?

Late October isn't as oppressive as earlier in the year. Some evenings can even be cool enough to warrant jeans and sweatshirts - the key operative word here, however, is SOME. Oftentimes, we've found that we wear shorts throughout our stay in late October.I was there end of Oct. last year and believe me, the oppressiveness was lingering. Record temps in the low to mid 90's and 80% humidity everyday

PopPhan
07-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I was there end of Oct. last year and believe me, the oppressiveness was lingering. Record temps in the low to mid 90's and 80% humidity everyday

Unfortunately, last Fall was an aberration. It is normally much more temperate in mid- to late- October than last year showed.

Just goes to show you that no matter how well you 'plan' for the Florida weather, it can and will play tricks on you.

As another poster stated -- go for what you want to see: Halloween decorations, Christmas decorations, Food & Wine Festival, etc.

LandFan
07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
We tend to like the week after Thanksgiving... It's quiet - low crowds, value season and cooler.:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Well we have been at the end of oct. into early november for 6 out of our 10 trips and have never experienced the hot weather like last oct./nov. We went right before Thanksgiving last year and it had cooled off by then. We are from Maine so we are not used to heat and humidity and we find this time of year perfect for us. I think we have had some years we had some temps. in the low to mid 80's and that was hot for us but not so bad we hid in the hotel room the entire trip. We have also had some temps as low as 70 with some rain but out of all of our trips we have only experienced rain a couple of times so it is pretty dry that time of year. We have done waterparks and they were not crowded because if the temps drop below 80 the locals think it is too cold to swim (not to insult the locals but our idea of cool and theirs is very different).
We have been in end of october into first week of november, mid november, mid december, and end of april and if we had to pick out of any time of year we would pick Halloween through first week of nov. every time. Love the MNSSHP.

4disneynuts
07-07-2010, 10:48 PM
We went in mid October and it was warm during the day (80's even a 90 one day) but not bad at night. We went for the MNSSHP and it was so worth the money. If you like Fall and Halloween I would say go in October and go the the party. Also I think some dates in October have free dining now. Good luck!:mickey:

magicalmom
07-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Our first trip with DDs was the first week of November, and we spent a lovely afternoon at a waterpark, the temp was fine. It's probably a bit of a gamble at that point, but remember, Nov. 1 is the end date of hurricane season, so statistically the weather is still pretty warm through Oct.