PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs

ozmom
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Not sure if I have this in the right place. I have a question regarding the refillable mug and our stay in January. We will be staying at AKL Kidani 5 nights and OKW Villas for 3 nights. Will we need to buy mugs at each location or are the mugs good for the length of our trip at WDW. Thanks. :mickey:

PopPhan
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Even though you are changing resorts mid-stay, it would still be considered one 'stay,' so Length-of-Stay would cover both resorts. No need to buy new mugs in that case.

PetefromRI
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
PopPhan is correct.I've actually asked the CM's about this and gotten the O.K..

TammiMcMan
07-08-2010, 01:47 AM
The policy is actually displayed right at the mug station and since they switched to the generic design, I'm 99.9% certain that the policy still states it can be used at any resort refill station throughout your length of stay. The only exception may be CSR, as I think they have a slightly different setup. In any case, the policy should be clearly displayed wherever it is you purchase your mug.

minnielove
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi, im glad someone brought this up. I bought two mugs each trip in 07 and 09, can we take these back in '11 when we go. Im sure we will buy two more then also but want to take 2 ones from previous trips for the kids to use. Does anyone know?

Tekneek
07-10-2010, 09:49 AM
By letter of the rule, those are only good for your current length of stay. If you want to pursue it officially, take them with you and ask a Castmember on site.

CleveRocks
07-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi, im glad someone brought this up. I bought two mugs each trip in 07 and 09, can we take these back in '11 when we go. Im sure we will buy two more then also but want to take 2 ones from previous trips for the kids to use. Does anyone know?Look closely at your mugs ... it is printed right on there that you can get free refills during the length of they stay in which you bought the mug. This was also printed on signs where you bought them.

Thus, Disney says no, you can't take them back and fill them. Will you get stopped if you do it? No, you won't. It's an honor thing. I mean, no one would probably stop you if you filled up a paper McDonald's cup, either.

TammiMcMan
07-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Moderator Note: refillable mug threads can go downhill quickly, so I ask that we all keep in mind the terms of service here and stick to discussing the posted policy only.

Disney's current policy is to purchase a new mug on each trip.