PDA

View Full Version : Kona Island Sushi Bar vs. Teppan Edo Japan

Dedivah
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
My sister, BFF and I are huge sushi lovers and plan to have a girls sushi lunch during our next visit.

Who would you say has the best sushi? We have never had sushi at WDW before.

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2010, 10:51 AM
While you can order some sushi at Teppan Edo (which features hibachi dining), the Tokyo Dining side of the restaurant actually specializes in sushi and sashimi. I've yet to dine at the Sushi Bar at the Polynesian resort, so I can't comment on the quality there, but I do know that Tokyo Dining has a much more extensive menu and their sushi is fresh and very well prepared. Service can't be beat either (can you tell I'm a fan of Tokyo Dining?) :tasty:

Figment104
07-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Thank you so much for asking this question as I was also wondering where to get sushi at. Can you tell me, do you need ADR's for Tokyo Dinning especially if you're just going for sushi or are the a counter service? We've never really eaten in Japan before so I'm not too familiar with their restaurants.

Thanks! :mickey:

MizMissy
07-07-2010, 12:25 PM
We are big sushi lovers, but I've only had the sushi at California Grill at WDW. And, might I say, it is absolutely excellent. Not sure if that fits in your schedule.

MNNHFLTX
07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you so much for asking this question as I was also wondering where to get sushi at. Can you tell me, do you need ADR's for Tokyo Dinning especially if you're just going for sushi or are the a counter service? We've never really eaten in Japan before so I'm not too familiar with their restaurants.There is no counter service at Tokyo Dining. I've always made ADR's to ensure getting in, but if you are a walk-up during off-peak hours (i.e. before 5 or 5:30 p.m., maybe) I think you would be able to get a table. After that it tends to get busy, especially if you go when Disney is offering free dining.

Scar
07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Don't rule out Kimono's at The Swan. Ate there last year and it was excellent. :thumbsup: