PDA

View Full Version : confirmation packet

akaDisneyDreamer
07-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Today I received an envelope from Disney's Magical Express and am so excited! I haven't opened it yet, because my daughter's aren't home yet, and we have to open this kind of stuff together, but I have a question for those of you who have used Magical Journey's. This is the first time I have booked through them, so I'm just comparing this experience to that of last year when I booked through the Disney website. It seems to me that the Magical Express stuff came in a big envelope that also contained all my confirmation stuff, including some extras like plastic keepsake luggage tags, coupons for Hardrock Cafe, arcade, golf and photo pass. Is this one envelope from Magical Express all I'm going to get? And if so is it because I booked through MJ? Or will the other stuff come seperately? :confused:

faline
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
You should get another packet of information that contains the rest of the documents you need. Generally, the documents will be sent to your travel agent who will forward them to you. I would guess you'll receive the remaining documents soon.

akaDisneyDreamer
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
A couple of weeks ago I asked my MJ agent about when would I receive my stuff and she told me that Disney would send it to me about 2-3 weeks before my vacation. She also stated that I didn't need it to travel so not to worry about it. When I got this envelope today, I just wondered if this is all I get, so thanks for your reply, and I will look forward to getting another envelope soon!

snowflakegirl
07-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I remember booking my trip about 2 years ago and I received my Magical Express packet and the keepsakes, coupons etc in the same envelope...at least that's how I remember it having happened. This time around I got my Magical Express package first and then about a week later I got my confirmation package, coupons, etc. So you should be getting them soon. Have a great trip!

akaDisneyDreamer
07-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes, I'm sure on the last two trips I got everything together too! I feel better now, and hopefully I'll get the rest of the stuff within the next couple of weeks! 36 days and counting! And thanks, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful trip! :cloud9:

snowflakegirl
07-06-2010, 09:43 PM
We're at 29 days and counting :-) It's starting to get exciting.

DisneyBunch
07-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Don't stress out. We're down to 17 days and are still waiting for our packet. Last trip, we received the envelope about 12 days out.:mickey:

PopPhan
07-06-2010, 10:03 PM
OK...You get two separate packages - DME, a service provided by Mears, will send you directions for using the service and how to find them in the airport, along with your yellow bag tags. In a separate mailing, from Disney Travel, with your coupons, themed luggage tags (the kind you put your name cards in,) and (if they do like last September) a PhotoPass card to get you started, along with your trip itinerary.

As a previous poster stated, the packet from Disney should arrive within 3 weeks of your arrival date. They definitely do not send before the 45 day cancellation date (for packages.)

Tink1
07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Disney has always sent the DME tags seperate from the documents. They always used a third party printer for DME, and they are shipped directly from the printer. We do not get them at the office.

Recently Disney stopped printing their own documents and now they too are printed by a third party. They are the ones that will ship here and your agent forwards on to you. Mail was backed up due to the holiday and me being on vacation as well.

They will be there before you go

Nanc

pixiesmimi
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
We are going in 19 days and I still haven't received anything. Can we still get the advanced photopass CD at a discount or are they not doing that any more?

faline
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
We are going in 19 days and I still haven't received anything. Can we still get the advanced photopass CD at a discount or are they not doing that any more?

You sure can. Here's the link (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx).

pixiesmimi
07-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Thank you! I had heard several months ago that you could only get the discounted CD if they sent you an invitation before your trip. Glad to hear they are still doing this because I haven't gotten my package info yet or an invitation from them.

pixiesmimi
07-18-2010, 06:38 PM
Awesome! Got our packet finally last week! Thanks, Karen! Now I feel like we are finally on our way. 10 days! Online check in tomorrow! :thumbsup:

GBBT
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
We're 9 days out and still haven't received the packet.We're not flying so we're just looking for the Disney packet.:confused: Starting to worry.:paranoid:

Tink1
12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
We're 9 days out and still haven't received the packet.We're not flying so we're just looking for the Disney packet.:confused: Starting to worry.:paranoid:

Disney has outsourced document printing to a third party. They are coming in either really early or really late. No rhyme or reason to when they are sending them.

You technically do not need the travel documents. Everything is electronic. They are more a souvenier than anything else. Contact your booking agent to see what the status is, they can guide you.

Nanc

GBBT
12-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks Nanci..Denise is off on Fridays and I'm gonna contact her Wed. if it hasn't arrived yet. I e-mailed last week and it will be sent as soon as it comes in.:D

Tink1
12-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I happened to be chatting with Denise, and she said she mailed your documents already. It could well be the holiday mail rush delaying things a bit, but they should be there shortly.

Nanc

GBBT
12-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Yes...just checked e-mail and the packet's on the way!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::D:thumbsup: Now the dreaded packing is next...:( Thanks Denise....and Nanci!!!!!