PDA

View Full Version : president's week 2011

amorillo
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Just wondering when the crowds will be the heaviest for the President's day holiday? When do they start to taper off?

amorillo
07-23-2010, 07:24 PM
wondering if i should be looking at a different time to go? as of right now... we're thinking 2/23 to 3/4... anyone been at this time?

faline
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Looks like you're thinking on arriving 2 days after the holiday? You can expect heavy crowds through that weekend. Crowds will begin to fall off on Sunday and will be less - though not gone in the following week.

Tick-Tock
07-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Heavy crowds the weekend of the holiday and the entire following week. Make your ADRs! When we were there that week a few years ago, no table-severice restaurant in MK or Epcot was accepting walk-ups at all.

On the other hand, the hours were great! I got there the Wednesday after the holiday, arriving around 5. MK was open late, with EMH for another three hours after. Went after I arrived and had something like 8 hours in the park!

Weather is variable. That same week, it went from 80 to 50s and raining.

elephant rider
07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Heavy crowds the weekend of the holiday and the entire following week.

What day would you think it would start to get busy on Presidents Weekend?? Saturday? Friday?
We are there for the entire week prior and the Saturday of the holiday weekend is our last full day. Hoping we only have crowds for that 1 day.

faline
07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
We didn't really find it too bad at all until that Saturday. I think you'll be fine.

Tick-Tock
07-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I haven't been there for the weekend, only the week following. I would imagine you'll be fine until the Saturday.

Goofster
07-29-2010, 03:25 PM
What about Friday, Feb. 25th to March 4th? We're thinking of going at this time to avoid the Mardi Gras crowds the week of March 6th.

Tick-Tock
07-29-2010, 04:04 PM
What about Friday, Feb. 25th to March 4th? We're thinking of going at this time to avoid the Mardi Gras crowds the week of March 6th.

The beginning of that time is the Friday at the end of the holiday week, so I think it will be busy that weekend, probably not so much during the rest of the trip. When we were there, the no-walk-ups were occurring that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the end of the holiday week.