PDA

View Full Version : Bus question, rookie here

sydzach
07-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Not a rookie to Disney but to riding the busses, we are staying at POR in November, wondering a few things. How long does it take to get from POR to the parks-MK, Epcot, AK and HS-rough estimates of course. Also, I know the Disney busses drop you pretty much right in front at HS and think pretty close also at Epcot but can't remember for AK. For MK, I think the busses take you to the transportation center-so you then take monorail or boat-isn't that correct. I am thinking we might end up just driving our car over to the parks since we can park for free and then have the flexibility to leave exactly when we want but I must admit I am curious about the busses, would be nice to take a break from driving for the days we are there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Although I'm not a huge fan of the Disney busses, DH LOVES the break from driving, so we use them quite a bit on our trips.

At all of the parks, you are dropped off quite close to the front of the park. At MK this is a special bonus, since if you drive, you park at the TTC and as you mentioned, take the ferry or monorail over.

Once you're on a bus, the trip to MK and AK is about 15 minutes, closer to 10 to Epcot and DHS. Busses generally come more often than the advertised "every 20 minutes", especially at park opening and closing.

Scar
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I would say Epcot and DHS are about a 10 minute ride, AK and MK about 20 mins.

MK bus drops you right in front of the entrance, as does DHS. Epcot and AK are a little farther, but not too much.

disneymom15
07-06-2010, 09:47 AM
If you take the bus from POR, it's a direct route to MK & AK. You don't have to transfer.

azcavalier
07-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Not a rookie to Disney but to riding the busses, we are staying at POR in November, wondering a few things. How long does it take to get from POR to the parks-MK, Epcot, AK and HS-rough estimates of course. Also, I know the Disney busses drop you pretty much right in front at HS and think pretty close also at Epcot but can't remember for AK. For MK, I think the busses take you to the transportation center-so you then take monorail or boat-isn't that correct. I am thinking we might end up just driving our car over to the parks since we can park for free and then have the flexibility to leave exactly when we want but I must admit I am curious about the busses, would be nice to take a break from driving for the days we are there.

Well, always take the busses to the MK. You can't really drive to it. The bus will drop you off at the entrance, NOT the TTC. However, if you drive, then you have to drive to the TTC, and hop the monorail, boat, bus, or tram over to the MK.

As for the other parks, the buses will always get you closer to the park than driving will, but you won't be at the mercy of the wacked out bus schedule. You'll be able to leave whenever you want. And the car is much faster from hotel to park and back. We love driving now. Sure, parking is not as close as the bus, but you have to walk...what? Another 100 yards? 200 yards? It's not bad at all.

#1donaldfan
07-06-2010, 01:12 PM
...the busses from POR are very punctual.....they drop you off at the entracne of each respective park and take you back to your resort without delays or transferring....POR has 4 bus depots with the FQ side making it 5, but they seldom factor in. No park is more than apporx 15 minutes out and that accounts for the stops through the resort (if you get on at the south depot). I'd never NEVER consider driving to a park as long as the busses are running !!!!:mickey: