PDA

View Full Version : Best week in Jan. '11

BiloxiMom
07-05-2010, 09:58 PM
We are beginning to throw around ideas for a Jan. trip to WDW in 2011, as well as a few days at Universal to see The Wizarding World. Would someone like to help me plan this trip? What's a good wk. in Jan.? We'd like to avoid marathons, dance competitions, etc. Should we do Universal at the beginning or after our days at Disney. I just don't have the energy to plan this trip this time. Anybody want to give it a try? :fingers:

faline
07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
January is typically a good time to go, crowd-wise. Weather can be quite iffy at this time of year.

Sounds like you plan to stay at Universal for a few days? Personally, I'd do that at the beginning of the trip and then move over to Disney.

The marathon will be January 6-9th. Martin Luther King Day is January 17th. The College Cheerleading and Dance Championships run January 14th - 17th.

Given you want to avoid those, I might select the week of January 23rd.

BiloxiMom
07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks Faline. I too was considering the wk of the 23rd. I hope it's not busy simply because of the regular people wanting to miss all those competitions and holidays. How many days should I plan for at Universal? We've never been, but my kids are huge roller coaster fans.

BigThunderFan
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
We were there that same week this year and besides Saturday the parks were almost empty and the weather was perfect.

I would give each US park at least one day, maybe two for IOA especially with the Harry Potter stuff. The roller coasters are fun and a lot more thrilling than WDW ones, but there are only a few.

faline
07-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I've found that one day for each of the two Universal Parks is plenty enough for me to accomplish anything I'm interested in.

ozmom
07-12-2010, 01:14 PM
The marathon will be January 6-9th. Martin Luther King Day is January 17th. The College Cheerleading and Dance Championships run January 14th - 17th.

Given you want to avoid those, I might select the week of January 23rd.[/QUOTE]

Does MLK Day and the Cheerleading Championship make the parks much busier? We have reservations for 1/14 - 1/23, am now wondering if it would be better to change them. Thanks for your input.

faline
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Cheerleading championships typically have little impact on the parks. A holiday weekend, like Martin Luther King weekend, will definitely see an increase in crowds.