PDA

View Full Version : TRex at DTD

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 10:53 AM
My DD wants to eat here, and I was thinking about going there as part of our pre-disney trip. (we are staying off-site for the first 3 nights.) Anyway, I have been checking for ressies for weeks now, and nothing. So 2 questions: 1 - how's the food and 2 - do you know if they take walk ups?

TIA

:mickey:

sassy2000
07-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Have you tried calling the restaurant directly? When we went during Memorial Day weekend, I tried to get ADR on Disney site and it showed no availability. I called TRex directly and they had lots of availability.
The food is pretty good but expensive. I had the nachos which were huge and tasty. The kids loved it.

Strmchsr
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
The food is decent, but I agree that it's expensive for what you get. It's pretty much the same as Rainforest Cafe if you've ever eaten there.

Yes, TRex does take walk-ups, but I agree with sassy about calling the restaurant directly. That is usually much more helpful than calling the WDW number to get an ADR because they manage their own seating. It's not through the WDW system. Also, getting a lunch seating is usually a lot easier than a dinner one. Dinner is generally PACKED.

buzznwoodysmom
07-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I also recommend calling the restaurant directly. We've eaten at TRex twice and both times when trying to book it through Disney nothing was available, then calling directly we were able to get a ressie easily. It seemed all different times were available. Its a fun place to try once, but its a very, very loud place. The second time we ate there I told my kids to make sure they took it all in and enjoyed it because its not likely we'd go back.

RedSoxandPatsfan
07-05-2010, 12:21 PM
They do take walk ups. I would call though. We had to for NYE trip. I couldn't book it online, but when I called the restaurant I got the ressie we wanted. Place is cool and the kids liked it. We thought the food was pretty good.

LauraByTheSea
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
We liked the food, but taste is always subjective... We were able to walk right in with no ressie, but it was lunch time on a Monday, so...

Daisy'sMom
07-05-2010, 01:43 PM
We had lunch there on Saturday. DH and I ordered the the Artifact Stack (onions rings). Without the dip, there was no taste. Then we both ordered the Pteradactyl Salad. Now, we love blue cheese, but we ended up not eating most of our salads. All you could taste was the blue cheese and the chicken felt very slimy. We left after paying close to 60.00 leaving the salad bowls full.
We were very disappointed. We have had burgers there and liked them, but won't be going back soon. Why not try Capt Jack's? :mickey:

As far as your question, we walked right up and in but this was lunch.

Mousehead35
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
We visited here during Memorial Day week and were able to walk right in without a ressie for lunch. Food was not bad, but would probably not go back now that we have done it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree with all of the previous posters.

We made our reservations directly through the restaurant, and yes, they were taking walk-ups when we were there, but there was about an hour wait.

The food is fine, the place is neat to look at, but we feel that once was enough.

eam
07-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Do they have a gift shop similar to Rainforest, so you could get a feel for the place without actually going in? If it is too loud, I know my grandchildren would not like it.

5togetherWDW
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
They do have a gift shop similar to Rainforest, and you can see into the dining area. But, it doesn't fully give a feel for the place - at least it didn't the day we went. TRex has a very dark dining area -- at lunch, bright sun fills the gift shop area, but doesn't go as far as the tables. The noise level was similar, but the gift shop seemed much brighter - giving a different feel at least to the lighting.

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
We had lunch there on Saturday. DH and I ordered the the Artifact Stack (onions rings). Without the dip, there was no taste. Then we both ordered the Pteradactyl Salad. Now, we love blue cheese, but we ended up not eating most of our salads. All you could taste was the blue cheese and the chicken felt very slimy. We left after paying close to 60.00 leaving the salad bowls full.
We were very disappointed. We have had burgers there and liked them, but won't be going back soon. Why not try Capt Jack's? :mickey:

As far as your question, we walked right up and in but this was lunch.

My DD looked at the menu online and liked what she read. We already have ressies for Capt n Jacks on the following Monday. However, maybe I can move things around and find a different place for Monday. Hmmm something to think about!

MuchLovedMama
07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Yep, I called T-Rex directly about a month ago and got reservations for our upcoming September trip and I was able to choose any time that I wanted. This will be our first time trying it. Can't wait. We love Rainforest so I'm sure we'll love this too.

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Well I took advice from my fellow intercotees, and called them directly. Well they have pretty much anytime I wanted available! Score!!

I thought about going to Capt n Jacks, but then I would have had to rearrange my entire ADR's for our WDW portion of our trip.

:mickey:

#1donaldfan
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Walk ups, yes, food is good, but moslty overpriced....!! I'd say do it once and mark it off your "disney bucket list"....!!:thumbsup:

btown
07-06-2010, 02:14 PM
We just came back from Disney.. I could not get reservations either. On Sat. 6/26 I called TRex around 9 am and had a choice of what time to eat lunch. We were about 5 mins late for our ressies at 130 pm. They were very busy. We waited 10 mins for table?

We loved the food.. not cheap but good. Chicken Quesadilla was great! I had grilled shrimp, very good. Kids enjoyed it! Nice atmosphere! Def. good to go if you never been, even if you seen Rainforest. My kids loved it and they are boys, ages 9 & 11.

Enjoy!