PDA

View Full Version : Driving from Houston

CinderAriel
07-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Has anyone made the drive from Houston? How long was the trip? What are your recommended places to stop? Any tips or suggestions on this route?

Thanks!

Frog
07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
when we have left from Houston, we usually stop stop for a nights rest in pensecola or somewhere just in the panhandle. we try to stop early enough to let the kids swim and get some of the "drive" out of them before we get up the next am and hit the road again the next morning... I love the trip! its long, but the family time can be great!

ryca1dreams
07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
We drove from Lake Charles several years ago and made a stop in Tallahassee. We just went I-10, I-75 and the Turnpike, I think all the way to I-4 then south to WDW. I think the Turnpike is a toll road. If I remember right, we got to WDW fairly early - of course, we had a 2 hour jump on you.

jdpip
07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
We have made it many, many times. Most of our trips we have camped at Fort Wilderness. We leave out at night and my husband prefers to drive at night so we drive until we get to Mississippi or Alabama. We may sleep for a little while and then I start driving around 7 or 8 am. For us its about a 17 or 18 hour drive if we drive straight through.