PDA

View Full Version : Declaration of Independence

magicalmom
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Thank you, Intercot, for posting the Declaration of Independence; it's been too long since I read it carefully, and it was great to have an opportunity to do so. What a marvelous Independence Day tradition!

John
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks - you made my day :)

mickclub1955
07-04-2010, 01:56 PM
ditto here. It made me wish I was at WDW now either at the Hall of Presidents or the American Adventure. Thank you Intercot.

Mousefever
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes, that was a wonderful read. I saw an article a couple days ago about the discovery of an erasure made by Thomas Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence. Apparently he had written the word "subjects", but changed the word to "citizens". The article did not include the context, so I was interested to see the word "citizens" included among the "injuries and usurpations" listed in the Declaration.

What a radical shift in thinking this must have been, both for the founding fathers, and for the common people.

Amy

Daisy'sMom
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I just finished reading about the Texas Board of Education tring to undo Thomas Jefferson's role in the founding of our nation and was so sad. I came here next and it was a pleasure to read the Declaration of Independence and marvel at it's ability to stir my emotions no matter how many times I read it. Thank you:mickey:

Renfairwedding
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Awsome. :thanks: for reminding us what today is all about.