PDA

View Full Version : AP voucher and 1st day parking

rt207
07-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I cannot remember how it works with an AP on the first day of use and parking...since I will only have the voucher until it's activated the first day at the park, do I just have to eat the parking fee that day?

Also, do I need to wait until I'm there, and have the AP actually in hand, to buy the discounted MVMCP tickets?

Thanks for any help!

LauraByTheSea
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I just went through this on my last trip a couple weeks ago... Although the parking attendant was a little hesitant, she let us go through with our confirmation page. Just make sure you have one prined out and not just your confirmation number... Not to say that the person you get will let you through, but smile big and be extra sweet like I did! :D

magicalmom
07-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Can you activate the AP at Guest Relations at DTD or a water park? Then you'd have the AP when you get to the parking lot.

ILoveLegos
07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
In my experience, the green voucher was enough to allow passage into the parking lot without paying parking fees. On one occassion I didn't have an AP yet but I was planning to purchase it at the gate that day. I was told to take my paid parking receipt to customer service for the refund (that was back in 2005 though).

Lately though I've renewed beforet he expiration date so my experience might not be the current policy.

badkitty
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I had a different experience. The CM at the toll booth charged me parking even though I had my voucher. When I went to Guest Relations, they gave me my money back. Very strange.

Daisy'sMom
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Just go to DTD and get your pass. That's what we did in the past.:mickey:

DizneyRox
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I had a different experience. The CM at the toll booth charged me parking even though I had my voucher. When I went to Guest Relations, they gave me my money back. Very strange.
I think that's the current procedure. Don't trust the guest, they may be trying to con you! It's painfully obvious they are not giving away anything for free. I can't blame them, I think I've heard it all, and I'm not even there all that much.

CanadianWDWFan
07-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Just go to DTD and get your pass. That's what we did in the past.:mickey:
This is exactly what we did the last two times. Driving into Disney World, we would simply stop by DTD guest relations before heading anywhere else. It is so painless.

rt207
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the responses!:thumbsup: