PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Grocery stores?

edwards2301
07-03-2010, 10:22 PM
We have shopped at the Walmart on 535 south east of WDW in the past four to five years and boy oh boy is it always crazy!!!! My mom and dad drive so we end up driving to get groceries. Any suggestions on other grocery stores and maybe just another Walmart that isn't so crazy.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
07-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Why not try Garden Grocer? We used them in June and it was such a great place to order from and they deliver straight to your resort door! We were even told that if there was anything else we wanted while we were staying, we could order with no additional delivery charge... You can find them online and order before you leave and I thought the prices were very reasonable..This way you don't have to worry about trying to drive and find a store nearby...:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I have the courtesy card frorm Winn Dixie. That saves you money and I find them to be a lot less expensive than Goodings @ Crossroads. And it's just right up the road in LBV.

Tink1
07-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I too go to the Winn Dixie on Apopka-Vineland Blvd.

If you drive out Hotel Blvd from Downtown Disney, take a left at the intersection where Burger King and Uno's is. It is up on the right hand side in a strip mall with an ABC liquor store and a laundromat.

Prices much better than Goodings and not nearly as crowded as Walmart.

Nanc

KylesMom
07-04-2010, 10:17 AM
We've frequented Goodings in the past, but have already made the decision to hit Winn Dixie this next time around. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Years ago I used to shop at Goodings but it has changed quite a bit and we don't use it anymore (stopped in this year and it is def not what it used to be). For the past few years we have been shopping at the Publix Market. They are all over and you can google to get the ones closest to where you will be staying.

I've been to several and the address to my favorite is:
Publix Market at the Xentury City Center 2925 International Drive Kissimmee, FL 34746

This Publix is very clean, has a very helpful staff and very good quality food selection. Their bakey is awesome. My daughter and husband had birthdays on our last trip and they made specialty cakes for us which were beautiful and delicious. Great breads too. Can't recommend this place enough. :mickey: