PDA

View Full Version : Off Kilter Band Lineup Question

johnsouthjersey
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Just back from 1 week at WDW, caught Off Kilter on 6/25. The only band member I recognized from the "Celtic Armadillo" band lineup was Jamie Holton. No keyboards, different bass player, they had a very good fiddle player who was sometimes doubling or adding a harmony line under Jamie's lead bagpipe lines. They did "Whiskey In The Jar" from "Kick It" and "Dirty Old Town" from the "Off Kilter" CD, a Gordon Lightfoot song and finished the set with a ZZ Top song, but none of their original compositions. Anyone know whether this reflects a permanent change in the Off Kilter band lineup, or just a one-night special guest lineup that I was fortunate enough to get a tape of ?

Scar
07-03-2010, 06:42 AM
The best I can figure it (from personal experience seeing them many times,) is that during slower seasons, they play five days a week with the original lineup. During busier times, they play everyday and alternate subs in and out to allow days off and vacations etc.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
According to Sheri N. on another website, they do exactly what Scar said; they can't play 7 days a week so they have subs. You might have most of the originals one day and then a completely different line up the next day.

johnsouthjersey
07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info all, glad to hear the Off Kilter core is still together, though the sub members were great in their own right. I bought the "Celtic Armadillo" CD there first time I saw them in '07, and bought their most recent CD "Kick It" this trip. Wonder if they ever have a substitute piper for Jamie?

BluewaterBrad
07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
I always have to catch many sets on visits!:beer::beer::mickey:

Scar
07-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Wonder if they ever have a substitute piper for Jamie?The times I've seen them without Jamie, they didn't. Mark (the bass player) fronted the band and the fiddle player played the pipe parts.