PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay...where to stay...

mickey_M_lvr
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi all! I am planning a trip next Sept/Oct with another couple. All of us going are numerically adults. :blush: I am totally torn between POFQ and CSR. I am a huge fan of CSR and have stayed there twice, but was thinking it would be nice to try something new. SO I am asking what are the pros and cons of each and why you pick the one you would stay at.

Thanks for all the help. BTW, I want to say that I absolutely love this site. The best peeps in the world are on here! :number1:

wildernesslady
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I enjoyed CSR and understand why you are torn. However, trying something new can be fun. I'm sure you won't be disappointed either way.

forever a child
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
I have stayed at POFQ and now we our Dec trip we will be staying at CSR. I have never stayed there before but I have read a bit on it.

DD and I have decided to stay at a different resort every visit and I am glad we did because although POP won't be my favorite Resort...we had a great time and it will be a great memory for us!

As for your question...POFQ is beautiful. I love the landscaping and if you like small resorts this is THE best choice. There is really no room far away. The pool is cute with King Triton and the serpent slide but I hear the slide is way better for older kids a CSR with more twists/turns. (I guess it is the larges slide of all the moderate resorts)

POFQ is a sister resort to POR so unlike other resorts you can pool hop here which is nice too. The food court is smaller at POFQ with less choices and no TS restaurant, only QS so that could be a negative for you.

As you already know, CSR is much larger and you need to choose your requested room location based on what is most important to you...close to food court, buses, main pool, kids play site, etc. Because each of these is somewhat spread out. Some people hate the conventioners being there while others don't mind. I don't see that it matters but I guess it can be weird standing in your bathing suit dripping in the elevator next to a guy in his suit. Since DD is in swimming..and we travel to compete...that happens to us on regular bases so we don't think much about it, LOL!

CSR has more amenities like the deluxes with queen beds in the rooms, more updated flat sceen tvs, more recently updated decor in the rooms, spa, gym and both TS and QS restaurants.

We are looking forward to our stay at CSR and after I have visited all the resorts;) I'll decide if I have a favorite or not! That could take a while but I love the idea anyways!

Fastpasssteve
07-03-2010, 02:23 AM
I love Port Orleans French Quarter. It is charming. It is also my first DW resort. It is beautiful. I love walking the grounds at night and the pool by day...not to mention the beignets in the food court. You would be very pleased, as would your friends. It is a great place for couple...romantic.

Enjoy your trip!

buzz2001
07-03-2010, 07:56 AM
CSR is my favorite. I love having the bigger beds.

#1donaldfan
07-03-2010, 06:38 PM
FQ gets my vote !!! Both Port Orlean's are wonderful places to stay, Riversdie and FQ ! CSR is more of a convention resort and at times can be "busier", while I've never stayed there, my sister did once. We did visit her there, and had dinner, but it wasn't something that "stood out" for us, so I suppose I was less than impressed. Now the FQ I've visited many times and I cannot find anything wrong with it, the food court has very good food / selections, the pool is fun, the grounds are beautiful, and a short ride on a boat to DtD......just an all around nice place to be....:cool:

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
We've stayed at both multiple times. My DW's favorite moderate is CSR. Mine is actually POFQ. Both are beautiful and very well themed. Since you already love CSR, let me tell you why I like POFQ a little better: 1.The size of POFQ makes it one of the easiest resorts at WDW to maneuver. Easy walk from every room to the main bldg and bus stop. CSR can have long walks everywhere. 2. The boat ride to DTD is great and different. It offers a view of WDW you don't see anywhere else. It is also nice to take a boat ride to DTD to break up the day or night rather than ride a bus everywhere. 3. You have another great resort in Port Riverside that you can visit with a short walk. 4. I love the New Orleans FQ theme in a safe, non-drunken, family friendly atmosphere!:thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
07-06-2010, 02:00 PM

I agree with Buzz. CSR is my favorite, but based on the fact that you haven't tried POFQ, I'd stay there.

:sulley:

KAT1811
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm with Buzz2001 and big blue and hairy. CSR gets my vote!

We have stayed at CSR a couple of times and LOVE it. We stayed at POR for the last two nights of our trip last year and were not impressed. CSR is a great resort! Plus they now have queen beds and pocket doors that close off the bathing area from the sleeping area.

The bus service at CSR blows POR out of the water and CSR is much easier to navigate. The sangria at CSR is great, and the pool area is much, much quieter.

Wherever you go you'll have a fabulous time.

P.S. - The only reason we did not stay at CSR last year is because we lost DH's cousin (more like a brother) tragically this year and our last vacation with him was to the CSR. Our trip last year was only a month and a half after his death. Neither one of us would have been able to handle that. Next time we need to spend a few nights at a moderate we'll be back at CSR and I'll just request an area other than where we stayed last time.

mickey_M_lvr
07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks to all who have helped. I think I will try POFQ... I am a seriosly lover of CSR but it is good to try new places. I will let you know how things go! :cloud9:

disneymom2000
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I love it when I see people expanding their horizons in the World. No way to tell if you will find something you like better if you never give something else a chance. I think you will be more than pleased with your decision.:thumbsup: