PDA

View Full Version : How can this happen again? This just can't be.

Disneymom4ever
07-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I wrote a few weeks ago about our lab Holly who died suddenly at my bedside. And thank you so much for the kind words, everyone. Now, we decided to take the kids to Cedar Point for a small vacation this week. I have a Maltese, Jasper, who is my world, and my baby. It is a bond like I've never had with another dog. I truly believe he thinks I am his mother. Well, we left him here at home with a dog sitter, it was just 5 days. I got a call Tues. night at the hotel, and he died. Just died. My neighbor had to come over, and take him to the same vet as our Holly for cremation since we weren't home yet. He was absolutely perfect when we left Saturday. I just got home last night, and am beside myself. He's not here, and I am absolutely devastated. I didn't even get to say goodbye. No one knows how or why it happened. I truly believe it's because I left him, and I will never forgive myself for this. I just want my baby back! Anyway, just when I think it won't get any worse, this happens. So please, if anyone could spare some pixie dust, my family could sure use it right about now. I really have to believe that he is playing with Holly right now, they're together, and she's taking care of him. I so hope that's true. :(

faline
07-02-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm so sorry you've had another loss! But, please don't hold yourself responsible.

Mickey'sGirl
07-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I am so sorry Lisa!

I am sure your Jasper is happily playing with Holly now .... What a lucky boy to have had such a loving Mom. You gave him love and fed him and played with him. You should not feel responsible for his passing.

laprana
07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie: to you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself...there's no way you could have known what was going to happen. I am certain that Jasper and Holly are playing together again, taking care of each other. :hug:

retiredfigment
07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I write this with tears in my eyes. My heart goes out to you. Do not hold yourself responsible. It is as if Jasperknew her time was coming too and she didn't want you to have to go through what you went through with Molly, again. pixie::pixie:

deedeenmickey
07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! I had a similar thing happen to me. All 3 of my animals died in the same year and my German Shepard died while I was on a business trip and my husband was deployed to Iraq. He was fine when I left only 5years old and my mom said he was fine when she came to feed him that afternoon and the next day I came home to find him dead. I felt guilty for a while but there was nothing you could have done so don't beat yourself up! I know you are devestated! Praying for you!

DVC2004
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I am so deeply sorry for both of your losses! You and your family are in my prayers. Like others said, please don't hold yourself responsible. It's not your fault. Again, I am so sorry. :(

SBETigg
07-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh, Lisa, that is too heartbreaking! I lost my pug Drake last week, and it is so hard. I'm so sorry. Please do not blame yourself, don't play what if. The important thing to remember is the love you shared. :hug:

Disney4us2
07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
:hug::pixie::hug::pixie::hug::pixie:
I am so sorry for your loss. You should not feel guilty or responsible. Jasper and Holly were both luck to have you as thier mom.

RedSoxFan
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
So sorry for your loss.:(

pianobabe
07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
I am so very sorry you are going through this. It is hard to lose anyone (human or pet). When it is so close together it intensifies the pain and grief even more. Don't blame yourself, you did not cause this to happen. You are very much in my thoughts.

beksy
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
So sorry for your loss. I had a similar experience with my cat (she's been gone a year on July 22 and I still miss her) and know that losing a pet can be just as hard as losing a person. You sound like me...they become your babies. Try not to blame yourself. Smokey (my cat) was doing ok when I left to visit relatives for a few days but a day after I left she passed away in her sleep. I think she somehow knew it would be harder on me to find her than to be told about it. I also firmly believe that there is a special place for pets and yours are now together again and looking out for each other. You and your family are in my prayers. :pixie:

Kathy Jetson
07-03-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss I know how it feels:grouphug:

badkitty
07-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I am so sorry. What an awful tragedy. I hope you can find some comfort in your memories of your beloved pets.

Disneymom4ever
07-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the kind words. Right now I'm just really trying not to think about it too much, it just exhausts me, and I'm so tired of crying. And doing that doesn't help matters with the boys either, I know they're sad as well. Now it's the little things- I just got home from the store, and he always barked SO loud whenever i came in. Just silence now. I know it's a process, and will slowly get easier. I'm so sorry to all of you who've lost pets as well. I guess we just have to be thankful we had them to love, and they had us.:puppy:

MNNHFLTX
07-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Lisa, I'm so very sorry for what you are going through. I do understand--my family lost 3 of our pets (2 cats, one dog) within 8 months of each other. The last one to pass was our little 3 month old kitten, Paolo, who we had adopted from a shelter to help ease the loss of losing our other cat, Tupelo, and tbe potential loss of our beloved black lab mix, Louie, from bone cancer (sadly, Paolo only outlived Louie by 8 days). It really did feel like it was too much to bear, especially the little kitten who had only recently come to live with us. But underneath the pain is still the realization of how much these special members of our family enriched our lives, even though they weren't with us as long as we would have liked. I don't think you should take the burden of guilt on yourself--there's no way to know what caused poor little Jasper to get sick. And to do so will only keep you from enjoying the happy memories you have of him. Please hold onto the thought that he is happy and healthy and playing with Holly in a wonderful place and let it bring you comfort. :hug:

IloveDisney71
07-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :crying: YOu cannot blame yourself. It is hard for you now but it will get easier with time. Soon you will be able to remember Jasper with happy thoughts instead of tears. Here's a little pixie dust for you. :pixie:

princessgirls
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
So sorry for your loss.

Don't blame yourself. It was Jasper's time. I hope you are OK.

Julie:mickey:

Lizzy
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. Take comfort in the happy life you gave him.

jillluvsdisney
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
My deepest condolences to you.

Jeri Lynn
07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Jasper. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

mrsgaribaldi
07-11-2010, 05:29 AM
I am so sorry. That is a nightmare. But please remember you are in no way responsible. I know you feel that way but try to remember that. Again, I'm so sorry. I wish I could hug you. :hug::pixie::pixie::pixie: