PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge Club Level and DDP

Disney4us2
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
DD and I are planning our April 2011 trip. We like the DDP and I am thinking of adding club level.

Besides food, what else makes club level worth the extra$$$. Do they offer soda's (pop)? Milk?
How are the breakfast offerings?

There will be a total of 4, 2 adults, 2 tweens.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

TammiMcMan
07-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Other than food, you get personalized pre-planning assistance if you want it. Basically, you can e-mail all your ADR requests, special activities, etc. and they'll take care of it for you. Upon arrival, you're taken up to the club level for private check-in and you'll receive a personalized itinerary compiling all your ADR's and confirmation numbers. During your stay, staff is on hand daily from 7am-10pm to assist you with any last minute changes or just offer general help. Club level at the WL is on a secure floor and you need to put your room key in a special slot in the elevator in order to access that floor. The lounge is on the small side, but there is seating around the balcony which looks down onto the main lobby of the resort. Rooms will sometimes have some added extra's, like bathrobes, automatic turndown service, dvd players (with a library of movies available for use during your stay).

The lounge offers coffee/tea service from 6:30am-7am, then it opens with a continental style breakfast. There's cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, bread and juices. At 10:30, the lounge closes for clean up and resets for the afternoon snacks. From 11am-4pm, they have bowls of snacking foods, like popcorn and M&M's. There's a fridge that stocks soda, milk and juice. The lounge closes at 4pm and re-opens at 5pm with kind of like a cocktail hour. They'll have cheese & crackers, veggies & dip, plus a hot soup/stew and one other hot appetizer. Wine and beer is also available at this time, in addition to the standard drinks. The lounge closes at 7pm and re-opens at 8pm with desserts and an assortment of cordials. At 10pm, the lounge closes for the evening. It's a nice amenity if you happen to be around the resort during the food service hours. During the day, if you come by when the lounge is closed for cleaning, a CM will glady bring you out a soda or other cold drink if you like.

There's no easy answer as to whether these extras are "worth" the added cost. That's a really personal decision, but I hope this helps you with yours.

faline
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
We've done club level at Wilderness Lodge a couple of times. However, we did not also do the dining plan as I'm not sure we would have gotten full use out of it.

We ate most of our breakfasts from Club Level offerings. We even had a few dinners from Club level offerings. There was also wine, beer, and liqours and some great dessert and cookie offerings.

The personalized planning services were great. We let staff know where we wanted to dine and when and what tours or other activities we wanted to participate in. Staff made all our reservations for us. It was great!

By the way, we were lucky enough to get pin codes which made club level about the same cost as rack rate in regular Wilderness Lodge rooms.

The one negative for us was that all the balconies are enclosed and very hot!

Disney4us2
07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks!!

After talking with my friend, we decieded not to do club level. We both wanted to try the early breakfast's at the parks. So sometimes we will have two TS meals.

I will do club level on another trip when I stay at AKL.