PDA

View Full Version : Parking?

MCeee
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi guys... hope everyone's having a Disney day!
Question about parking. We have a trip planned for November, and we'll be staying at SSR (with car). However, a few days we have things planned at other resorts either before or after park touring. With my SSR parking pass displayed, may I park at those other resorts (such as Boardwalk or beach Club) all day? :secret:

PopPhan
07-01-2010, 11:35 AM
No. The parking pass is for your resort ONLY. You MAY be able to park at other resorts for short periods of time - like for a meal, but NOT all day.

MCeee
07-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Thanks... sounds like you got the official word on that. Might I ask from whom/where you received that info?

PopPhan
07-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Experience and INTERCOT.

KylesMom
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
. . . and Disney. I called & verified parking policies a few months back after some heated discussions about parking at the resorts and the time limits involved. While you are welcome to visit the resorts for your scheduled ADR, activities, etcetera, they are not to be used in lieu of Disney's Theme Park parking lots, such as Epcot if that is your destination for the remainder of the day. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
It's become the policy at the resorts which are close to the parks, to issue limited parking passes (even to those staying on property). Unfortunately, too many people were trying to bypass paying for parking and using the resort lots. That translates to very limited parking for guests who are actually staying in said resort.

At certain times of year, parking can be further restricted to those with ADR's only and even sometimes, guests of that resort only. I've only seen that done during the major holidays though.

The exact policy will vary depending on when you're there, but at the very least, you should probably expect to get a 3 hour parking pass for the resorts closest to Epcot, DHS and MK.
If that happens though and you don't mind paying for valet, then I believe you are allowed to stay as long as you want.

MCeee
07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the insight Tammi.
Yeah... our goal was certainly not to bypass the rules. My wife and I (and another couple) will be staying at SSR, and my son and his new wife will be at BWV. We have some meals planned together (breakfast and dinners) a few times during the week at BW and BC. After breakfast (BW Bakery) we had hoped to simply walk to Epcot with them... spend the day... then have dinner together (at Flying Fish a different day) afterwards. But as it is it seems I'll either have to drive my vehicle back to SSR after breakfast, then get the bus to Epcot and meet up with everyone, (or drive to/park at Epcot)... OR... ride the bus from SSR to a park, then to BW. Arrgh... a bit frustrating.

TammiMcMan
07-02-2010, 11:41 AM
My wife and I (and another couple) will be staying at SSR, and my son and his new wife will be at BWV.Well, this new detail could change things for you ;). As they are guests, it may not be a problem to get an extra BWV parking pass for you as well. It's just not something the resort can guarantee you of right now. Your son will need to ask upon arrival, as it will depend on occupancy issues and all that. I'm pretty sure the BW has a 2nd parking lot located a little bit further down the street. Perhaps worst case, they would have you park there if it's going to be for an extended amount of time.'

MCeee
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
An excellent suggestion! Tammi you are the greatest!