PDA

View Full Version : Getting to DL hotel from LAX

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Tell me if this is good..
The greyline DL resort shuttle. $99.00 round trip for our family of five. Anyone had experience with this? We will rent a car later in the week from Alamo at the DTD area when we are ready to explore other areas of SoCal. This way we can rent a smaller car for exploring, otherwise we'd have to get a whopper of a car to handle our luggage from LAX. Please advise!

Disney4us2
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi,

Are you referring to the Disneyland Resort Express? It sounds about right. Have you looked into the Super Shuttle Vans. They may be more expensive though. The last time I took it was on our WDW trip. I took it from the airport to my house. It was about $60.00 one way just for DD and I. Of course I am going by memory from Dec of 2006.

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Yes, the Disneyland Resort express., run by Greyline.

NotaGeek
07-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Tell me if this is good..
The greyline DL resort shuttle. $99.00 round trip for our family of five. Anyone had experience with this? We will rent a car later in the week from Alamo at the DTD area when we are ready to explore other areas of SoCal. This way we can rent a smaller car for exploring, otherwise we'd have to get a whopper of a car to handle our luggage from LAX. Please advise!

I have used the Grayline shuttle several times and it's GREAT.

mom2morgan
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
When are you going? Our first trip is in exactly 2 weeks (yay!). We're using the Greyline shuttle, so I can let you know what I think...unless you're going before me!

mouseketeer mom
07-09-2010, 07:26 AM
When are you going? Our first trip is in exactly 2 weeks (yay!). We're using the Greyline shuttle, so I can let you know what I think...unless you're going before me!

Oh, please let me know! We are leaving mid August. Give me details!

Katzateer
07-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Anyone know how much it is for one person?

I am going to stay right outside the park-not at a
Disneyland resort.

Is it still possible to take it?

How do you get reservations or whatever you need to get the rides?

mom2morgan
07-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, just got back and the Disneyland Resort express worked fine. We payed the family rate (to the above poster, there is a link under transportation in the resort guide section with prices per person). they come to the airport every half hour through peak hours and to DLH every hour on the hour. We had reserved in advance, but there would be no problem with catching it there - it wasn't crowded at all. Even when you pre-pay, they don't give you a specific time to ride - and you pick up your own bags, so they don't need your flight reservation. The ONLY complaint I have is that it was hard to know which shuttle service was which - a bunch of different vans and busses came up to the area and several of the drivers kind of snapped at me that it wasn't THEM and weren't very nice about it (and that doesn't reflect on the Grey Line service, because obviously they were different companies. But it was a bit disconcerting!) I was also told to expect a decorated bus (easy to spot) but the one we got was plain white. I FINALLY clued in and realized I should be looking for the "Grey Line" logo and not just the words "Disneyland Express". We probably only waited about 15 minutes. Drive back was perfect and went smoothly. Again - they don't make an appointment for a return time, so just make sure you give yourself enough time to get to the airport. We were flying at quarter to three and left the hotel at noon. Either way, the service works and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. (ps - I know they do go to other area hotels as well - any of the good neighbour hotels, I believe).

mouseketeer mom
07-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, just got back and the Disneyland Resort express worked fine. We payed the family rate (to the above poster, there is a link under transportation in the resort guide section with prices per person). they come to the airport every half hour through peak hours and to DLH every hour on the hour. We had reserved in advance, but there would be no problem with catching it there - it wasn't crowded at all. Even when you pre-pay, they don't give you a specific time to ride - and you pick up your own bags, so they don't need your flight reservation. The ONLY complaint I have is that it was hard to know which shuttle service was which - a bunch of different vans and busses came up to the area and several of the drivers kind of snapped at me that it wasn't THEM and weren't very nice about it (and that doesn't reflect on the Grey Line service, because obviously they were different companies. But it was a bit disconcerting!) I was also told to expect a decorated bus (easy to spot) but the one we got was plain white. I FINALLY clued in and realized I should be looking for the "Grey Line" logo and not just the words "Disneyland Express". We probably only waited about 15 minutes. Drive back was perfect and went smoothly. Again - they don't make an appointment for a return time, so just make sure you give yourself enough time to get to the airport. We were flying at quarter to three and left the hotel at noon. Either way, the service works and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. (ps - I know they do go to other area hotels as well - any of the good neighbour hotels, I believe).

Oh this is such good info. I already booked the shuttle at the family rate too, and paid for it, and have my confirmation printed out. Do they automatically come to the DL hotel on the day of departure or do you have to set it up? I'm confused about it, our flight is at 3:30 at LAX.

NotaGeek
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Oh this is such good info. I already booked the shuttle at the family rate too, and paid for it, and have my confirmation printed out. Do they automatically come to the DL hotel on the day of departure or do you have to set it up? I'm confused about it, our flight is at 3:30 at LAX.
The DL Express comes to each of the hotels every day as scheduled, regardless of passengers. You can list yourself but your reservation on a specific shuttle should there somehow be a lot of people to get to the airport at that time...