PDA

View Full Version : What about Wilderness lodge?

Marymouse2003
06-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Thinking about WL in Dec. NEver styed there b4......any1 want to tell me about it? Are the rooms large? Hows the service? What about the appearance? How about the rates and bus rides?

retiredfigment
06-30-2010, 08:00 AM
I love WL. The rooms are average size for a deluxe. It will all depend on what you like though. It has a small counter service, but we seldom eat at the resort so we didn't mind. The pool is smaller, but we do not go in alot. The atmosphere is terrific! Love the fireplace, waterfall, geyser, beach, Whispering canyoun. I have spent quite a bit of time walking around both inside and out. Offers movies on the beach at night. Great gift shop and lobby. Very convenient bus rides, though I am sure someone will complain that it sometimes stops at Poly and GF on the way to parks. We always take ferry to MK which is great.

Disneyfun
06-30-2010, 08:26 AM
WL in December? All I can say is PERFECT!

This is DW and I's favorite resort bar none! December even makes it better! The Christmas tree that they put up is absolutely awesome as it extends up atleast 2-3 stories in the central lobby (which goes up about 4 stories I think). The chairs in the lobby are the most comfortable in the world and being able to sit in them next to a gorgeous fireplace makes the lobby just breathtaking!

The service is the best that DW and I have experienced on property! The CM's couldn't have been more helpful! We have only stayed in the DVC wing so I can't comment on the regular rooms, although I can't imagine that they differ too much. After staying at the Boardwalk Resort and WL, I would have to say that the rooms at WL seemed only very slightly smaller, but that could be because our room at the Boardwalk had a balcony that overlooked the main courtyard where we could watch the evening street performers and our WL room was ground floor with a wooded view. Regardless, we loved the room! It was very nice and roomy for just DW and I.

I would say that you would have nothing to fear about staying at WL! Transportation was never an issue for us, what with the ferry to MK and all!

Enjoy your trip!

wildernesslady
06-30-2010, 02:18 PM
All of the lodge grounds are breathtaking. You will be there at the best time. Whispering Canyon is great and Roaring Forks is pretty average for counter service. The best way to the MK is by boat. It's a great relaxing ride. I have never had any more bus issues than any other resort. You will not be sorry if you stay there.

PlutoPlanet
07-01-2010, 12:28 PM
We stayed at WL 3 times and loved it. Compare the lobby to jambo house at AKL. The service is First Rate. Room size is average. You take a boat to MK or the Contemporary. Well, sometimes you have to wait for a bus; but that is the case everywhere.

KylesMom
07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
We are about to celebrate our fifth annual stay at WL. We absolutely love it! While the rooms are not overly large, the resort as a whole is truly magnificent, with plenty of activities and room to roam. While we've never been there for the holidays, I've seen the Disney Travel Channel specials, and it really looks like something to see.

As far as rates, it's on the lower end of Disney's Deluxe resorts. I would suggest hooking up with our sponsor, Magical Journeys, to get the best rates available for your stay. They've worked wonders for us! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
07-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm staying at WL starting Wednesday. Can't wait :joy:

Jillirose
07-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Ditto! Loved it, great atmosphere, only took the bus once - to AK. Great boat transportation to MK.

RedSoxFan
07-05-2010, 01:11 PM
We are staying there for the first time in December. I cannot wait!!

Mousehead35
07-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Just adding my 2 cents.. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the WL!!! :thumbsup: Go for it and you will have a great time.

#1disneyfan
07-05-2010, 03:49 PM
We are leaving in just 14 days for our WDW vacation and our very first stay at WL! So excited to see our room!!!! :cloud9:

:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
While I rank the WL in the middle of the pack of Deluxe resorts, it is gorgeous especially for Christmas. Probably the best decorated for the holidays of any of the resorts. Plenty to do there, and the water ferry to MK is nice. We love the bike rides to Fort Wilderness as well. A courtyard view will make it a more memorable stay!:thumbsup:

Figment104
07-06-2010, 01:15 PM
This is our favorite resort and it's a dream of mine to be there during the Christmas holidays sometime. :cloud9: Hmmm, maybe we'll just have to make it two trips next year, once in may and then again for a long weekend in Nov or Dec. I'm really beginning to like the idea of this long weekend thing!